Walk for Hope: Sunday June 8, 2008

268520031_xxwD5-M.jpg

Please join your fellow club members for the 7th Annual Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk for Hope on Sunday June 8, 2008. This is a great opportunity to support a terrific cause and one of our beloved club members (climberao).

We had an awesome showing last year with members from NY, NJ, PA and CT lending their support. I'll let RPM217 cheer us on for an even better turn out this year.

Attachments

• hope.jpg
    hope.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 41
  • hope.pdf
    hope.pdf
    98 KB · Views: 45
Re: Save the Date: Sunday June 8, 2008

268520031_xxwD5-M.jpg

Please join your fellow club members for the 7th Annual Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk for Hope on Sunday June 8, 2008. This is a great opportunity to support a terrific cause and one of our beloved club members (climberao).

We had an awesome showing last year with members from NY, NJ, PA and CT lending their support. I'll let RPM217 cheer us on for an even better turn out this year.

Time for a semi-regular "bump", I'll be the first to admit, I haven't gone to the website to sign up for Team NSXCA, but I plan to within the next couple of days. I hope that this year there are more than a dozen NSX's (Don and Carla still count as "1") and that we're able to raise even more $$$$$ than last year. Don't forget, that as always, Alan "guarantees" the weather!!!:biggrin:

Hi guys & gals;

I'm going to be there rain or shine to walk at the young old age of 66.. so
if I can do it; anyone can come and join in the fun and do something heart
warming for the women of the world..

Ready & waiting
Clem

Hi guys & gals;

I'm going to be there rain or shine to walk at the young old age of 66.. so
if I can do it; anyone can come and join in the fun and do something heart
warming for the women of the world..

Ready & waiting
Clem
Clem, if you leave from NSX Fest and start down to NJ immediately you should make it on time!!!!
Everyone else, if Clem can do this, you can too!!!! Remember the weather is guaranteed!!!! Allan has never disappointed!!!

I cant make it, but I would like to make a donation. Can someone give me details who I am sponsoring ?
That's obvious, you're sponsoring all of us!!!:eek:
We're currently in a tie for 1st place in fundraising!

you guys are no longer tied for 1st place......:biggrin:

and to be fair to the team , I made a donation to each one....

Have fun !

You are the man, sorry you can't make it, but on behalf of "the team", we thank you for your support!

Hi Norm & All;

Im now formally registered for the walking event ; Under the NSXCA Team..

Cheers
Clem

Roger Im all packed to leave directly from Canada on 5/19.:biggrin:

Hi Norm & All;

Im now formally registered for the walking event ; Under the NSXCA Team..

Cheers
Clem

Roger Im all packed to leave directly from Canada on 5/19.:biggrin:
Glad to hear that Clem, you might make it on time, or at least in time enough to eat!!!!!:eek:

in for the long run....
lc.gif

Hi Guys
As we move closer to the date I wanted to say thanks for registering and planning to join our walk :biggrin: A bit of information you may not know: We have raised over half a million dollars to date for the fight against breast cancer, one in every 7 women is diagnosed with breast cancer each year, the drugs developed to fight breast cancer are used successfully on many other types of cancer and vice versa, the City of Hope spends .86 cents of each dollar received on cancer research which distinguishes them from other cancer research organizations who use more than 50% of each dollar toward "administrative costs"

I know none of you knew her but my wife Michelle was a fighter to the end and we tried everything possible to move that end further and further away :frown: But it finally got the best of her and now we walk in her honor. Every year I meet hundreds of survivors and also many women who have recently been diagnosed and the impact is the same; I cry a little , I laugh a little but all of them demonstrate amazing strength and purpose and I'm honored and in awe of each of them.

Your participation even if you can't show up for the event is greatly appreciated and as we did last year we will have a seperate parking area designated for the NSXCA (people of all ages just love to look at our cars:biggrin: )

Please join us if you can. We serve breakfast and when you finish we have lunch and snacks as well :cool:
If you can't attend give generously and know it is going to a GREAT cause.

Thank you all so much,
Alan

Just a reminder, Alan guarantees the weather to be rain free on the day of the walk, either that or he doubles your donation to the cause. You can't lose, a tee shirt, breakfast, lunch, good company, reserved parking, and an excuse to bring your car out without worrying about the weather!!!

I guarantee the weather too (its Josh). I can't be driving my NSX over with the top down if the weather's bad, now can I?

And before we start the argument over symantecs and who's NSX is who's, I'd just like to thank myself for surviving another semester of college. :cool: I wish my report cards looked like this in highschool.

-Joffsie

I guarantee the weather too (its Josh). I can't be driving my NSX over with the top down if the weather's bad, now can I?

And before we start the argument over symantecs and who's NSX is who's, I'd just like to thank myself for surviving another semester of college. :cool: I wish my report cards looked like this in highschool.

-Joffsie
Josh, no semantics here, we all know that it's your car, and you're generous enough to let dad use it (most of the time), but you need to know, the NSX top doesn't do "top down", it does top off!!! Congrats on the great semester, now go and earn some money so you can do some more upgrades. The car looks great!

Hey Folks,
We were wondering how many of you are joining us for a pool party at our new place after the walk? We will provide directions at the walk but we need a head count to make sure we have appropriate amounts of adult beverages (and if Bob comes that means 6 cases of Diet Pepsi)

As those of you who joined us last year know we can expect a hot :cool: and cloudless day so we thought some chips "a cool dip" and some other refreshments would provide a chance to relax before driving back home

I also need to know so we can reserve parking spaces for the NSX's at the JCC.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday the 8th

I'm there, you know I'm only good for the "fat free" dips!!!:eek:

The weekend is around the corner, so who's going to be there, I know that there are a few that have always made it that haven't "weighed in" yet, the list that we have is:

Alan (of course)
Carla
The Don
Clem (please leave now so you make it on time!:wink: )
Jalnjr
RSO
RPM217

Who else, great cause, good weather guaranteed, and after lunch, swim and snack at the Offsie Estate!!!:cool:

Back