Wahoo, new nsx owner!!!

Congratulations. You are very lucky, too lucky!!! And don't forget, to hang loose with the NSX.

Attachments

• hangloose.jpg
    hangloose.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 43
sanglee24 said:
Thanks Andy! Here are some pics.
nsx2.jpg

acura1.jpg

nsx4.jpg

nsx3.jpg
Thats a great looking car Sang, Im so jealous!!! I cant wait to get an 02!!:smile: You definitely deserve the car for all the hard work you went through to get it!!!:smile:

Sang, What a beautiful car. I can't wait to see her TOPLESS!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Anyway, welcome to the club. You will be the envy of the neighborhood. Be sure and stop when all the little kids stand on the sidewalk and gawk. The guys just love NSXs.
Brad

The thing is so pretty. I can't believe I own one... lol...

2 months with the car in a shop with a broken supercharger and you forget what your car used to look like...

Thanks again guys! I am so afraid to take the top off. I just dont want to drop it or cause any damage.

Congrats on your purchase.

IIRC when i looked at it, that one had a dusty engine bay. First on the to do list: clean engine bay!

I'll give you about 2 months before you get the mod bug :biggrin:

Ahh, I think they cleaned it up real well because the engine bay looks immaculate now.

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
I'll give you about 2 months before you get the mod bug :biggrin:

Hang out here more often and I bet it will be only days before the bug bites

Good job neillo! Now, i'm warning you...stay away from any threads that have anything but a stock NSX, those modded ones will reel you in without knowing :tongue:

Hehe, I'm going to try to keep this stock as long as possible. My checkbook would agree with me as well:)

sanglee24 said:
Hehe, I'm going to try to keep this stock as long as possible. My checkbook would agree with me as well:)

Sang, listen to me... you only need one mod. For just $140, you can get a Downforce Intake and Uni-Filter... it totally changes the sound of the car... it will growl like a monster... and hiss and spit and just be angry... very worthwhile... not too expensive. Maybe a few HP.

I'll pay for half of it if you don't have all the money right now.

Can you show me a link to the intake? Would it void any warranties? I cant accept your generosity but I truly appreciate the offer. This community soooooooo rocks!!

sanglee24 said:
Can you show me a link to the intake? Would it void any warranties? I cant accept your generosity but I truly appreciate the offer. This community soooooooo rocks!!

Don't do it Sang!!!!!!! He's mod junkie! He's trying to get you strung out!!!LoL

sanglee24 said:
DOH!! Isn't that how drug addicts are created?:biggrin:

He's got the best sh1t in town...LoL

LOL... Wingz you are too late... :biggrin:

Sang its not hard at all... about 15 minutes actually. You have to take off the rear wheel, then the fender cover above the wheel with a few screws. Its an easy job. That was my first mod... and boy when the car hits Vtec... it sounds SOOOOOOOOOO much better than stock. All the growl you hear currently is actually from the intake. The exhaust is dead quiet... but we'll talk about that later... :wink:

LOL! I can see a pattern developing. First, it starts with a simple mod, such as the intake. Then, it progresses to the exhaust. I assume the next stage is the CTSC?:) Btw, what noise is created when the vtec kicks in? Is it the higher pitched motor noise?

sanglee24 said:
LOL! I can see a pattern developing. First, it starts with a simple mod, such as the intake. Then, it progresses to the exhaust. I assume the next stage is the CTSC?:) Btw, what noise is created when the vtec kicks in? Is it the higher pitched motor noise?

Oh well since it's to late I'll tell you it's very easy to install ( my first mod on my car ). Jack up the rear drivers side and take the wheel ( easy way ). Then take out the three fender liner plugs. You'll see /feel a tube in there. Grab the top and wiggle it away from the engine bay area. It's a bit tight in there ,but still plenty of space. Once you wiggle the tube away bring it down and pull it out. Reverse all these steps to put in the Downforce air intake and your done. Takes about forty five minutes to an hour. You'll then be well on your way as a mod junkie:biggrin: Always keep in mind the NSX was built buy hand and that makes it pretty easy to work on.

Oh and mark my words the next he'll push on you are the NSX-R bars:wink:

sanglee24 said:

Congrats again on getting the NSX. :smile:

I quoted you b/c it's amazing how quickly the mod bug bites. :biggrin:

You posted this and w/in 1.5 hours you were asking how to install an aftermarket intake. It starts w/ one hit off of the go fast crack pipe and then your checkbook becomes a distant memory....:wink:

Half of the fun of having an NSX is modding it.

Welcome Welcome...since you live near the Bay Area I suggest we all get together and go for a drive in January. We can meet in SF or anyplace in between....Any takers???

Back