VVIS Butterfly Valve Screws - Beware

TAG

Experienced Member
Every NSX owner should read this thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just recently started to hear a rattle between 1500-2000 RPM on my 91 with 95K miles. I took it to Shad at Driving Ambition, and he suspected this could be the cause.

I stopped driving the car, and I will be removing the intake in a couple of days to take a look. I'll let you guys know what I find. In my opinion, this few hour inspection is a small price to pay to prevent engine failure.

I know this is an old thread but is this screw issue something we should all be looking at fixing or is it a very rare occurrence?

Ahhhhhhhhhh! I hate when I run into a dead link within the new NSPRIME. Does anyone know how to use the post # in the link to find the thread?

I know this is an old thread but is this screw issue something we should all be looking at fixing or is it a very rare occurrence?

I'm curious about this too. With the snap ring issue, it was limited to a specific range of early cars, and once you checked if you didn't have the bore machining issue, you were safe.

But for VVIS, I'm reading loose screws have been found in later vehicles (LINK), and then also:

Is this a manufacturing error for which, once you check you have no issue, you're OK (like the snap ring issue)? Or is this something you'd be smart to monitor and check for this over time?

Back