VRH Kit

Quick Teaser Pic of our switch install. Pardon the dust as I didn't get a chance to clean the interior after the install.

1.jpg

The switch install looks clean, although I must admit I don't know what VRH means.

these are the switches to be used with the VRH kit that umbrella auto (Ravi) sells to raise and lower your vehicle along with using whatever coilover you choose.

care to share a picture of your car slammed and 4x4ing?

awesome! can't wait.

Awesome! Did Ravi tell you this is where I was considering putting the switches? I gave him this idea three months ago. My unit will be installed this weekend. I also thought of just one button on top of a custom gear shift with a flip top like a fighter jet missile button under a clear or concealed cap on top the gear shift. What did you use for the switch board and where did you get it? Any hints that would make it easier would help.

Dave

Neat VRH setup ~ can anyone explain how this system works? Does it use your existing coils or is this a complete new setup?

I'm a sucka for switches as I had no less than 13 in my e46 m3! haha

Looks stealth and well placed , can't wait to see your review on this VRH setup.

^ Basically, you have an aluminum piston (as pictured) which attach to each coil. Ravi custom makes these to a certain extent depending on which set of coilovers you have. Air lines run to a small tank in the trunk. Weight is only about 20 lbs and unlike a airbag setup, you save on weight on retain performance. The other bonus is install is super clean and inevasive as can be! I can't wait until I post vids. It is so damn fast!

Can you set the adjustment for how high you want it to go?

Hi, you have momentary rocker switches in the kit. The system will continue to raise the car, as long as you are depressing the lift side of switch, until the travel of the cup is maxed out. The same applies to lowering the car, as long as you are depressing the dump side of the switch the system will lower the car until you reach the set ride height.

Ravi

I just had my VRH kit installed yesterday, and I am simply blown away. The craftsmanship on the kit is amazing. The techs that installed the kit praised the kit and said they had never seen anything like it.

What was most surprising about the kit is how fast the car rises. I think it takes about two seconds to rise, and about two seconds to come back down. It's also amazing how fast the tank recharges.

With the kit installed, I was able to slam my car down as low as I always wanted without having to worry about scraping everywhere.

I highly recommend to all NSX owners with coilovers.

I will post pics this weekend.

I am looking at getting this kit as well. Spoken with Ravi and he answered all my questions.

I am so looking forward to it. I fed up with wondering where can and can't go and have to worry about debris on teh road or even getting up and down most driveways.

Just have to get coil overs first then I'll purchase this kit.

Great work Rav!

Hi, you have momentary rocker switches in the kit. The system will continue to raise the car, as long as you are depressing the lift side of switch, until the travel of the cup is maxed out. The same applies to lowering the car, as long as you are depressing the dump side of the switch the system will lower the car until you reach the set ride height.

Ravi

Im wondering how many inches max it goes up. If button gets stuck going up or down, is there any damage? Is the pic on the site version one or the newer version?

I just had my VRH kit installed yesterday, and I am simply blown away. The craftsmanship on the kit is amazing. The techs that installed the kit praised the kit and said they had never seen anything like it.

What was most surprising about the kit is how fast the car rises. I think it takes about two seconds to rise, and about two seconds to come back down. It's also amazing how fast the tank recharges.

With the kit installed, I was able to slam my car down as low as I always wanted without having to worry about scraping everywhere.

I highly recommend to all NSX owners with coilovers.

I will post pics this weekend.

Hi Charley, Your installer was great to work with over the phone.

Here are a few pics of the installed kit that he sent to me, guys this is a front only kit, notice the smaller power unit.

Rav

Attachments

• 06182009799.jpg
    06182009799.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 06182009800.jpg
    06182009800.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 141
Here are pics of prime member drwnsx's front and rear kit, recently installed.

Thanks

Ravi

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1274.JPG.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1270.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1270.JPG.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1272.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1272.JPG.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1278.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1278.JPG.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Im wondering how many inches max it goes up. If button gets stuck going up or down, is there any damage? Is the pic on the site version one or the newer version?

Hi Kelley:smile:, to answer your questions:

The max up travel depends on the coilover the VRH kit is used with, for example Tein RA gets nearly 3.5" lift due to the long uncompressed length of the coilover body. Tein FLEX gets approx 2" of lift max.

If a button gets stuck it would simply lift or lower the car until the system is in the max high or low setting, no damage can occur. For normal operation, you depress the desired side of the rocker switch until the system has reached max up or down position, or anywhere in between.

The pic on my site is V2, I haven't had time to do formal photographs of V3 yet.

Thanks

Ravi

thanks man, those were the answers i needed. looking forward to getting the version 2 kit. i need it.

Hi Kelley:smile:, to answer your questions:

The max up travel depends on the coilover the VRH kit is used with, for example Tein RA gets nearly 3.5" lift due to the long uncompressed length of the coilover body. Tein FLEX gets approx 2" of lift max.

If a button gets stuck it would simply lift or lower the car until the system is in the max high or low setting, no damage can occur. For normal operation, you depress the desired side of the rocker switch until the system has reached max up or down position, or anywhere in between.

The pic on my site is V2, I haven't had time to do formal photographs of V3 yet.

Thanks

Ravi

Variable Ride Height.

I just my VRH kit put on. This kit is a must have if your ridin' low. It works exactly how its described. I get an instantaneous 2+ inches when you hit the switches and it drops just as quick. Ravi was extremely helpful to me and my techs, Nabil and Robin, at First Class Automotive. I put my switches in the change pocket behind the gearshift and the air tank in the trunk fits perfectly into the corner giving you planty of room back there still. The kit is worth never having to second guess a speed bump or other small obstacle in the road. Here are few links.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119044&highlight=started

http://www.umbrellaautodesign.com/c...ide_height_suspension_kit_patent_pending.html

http://www.first-class-automotive.com/fca-app/index.jsp

IMG_0750.jpg IMG_0756.jpg

Back