Voom HDTV service

Voom HDTV - impressions?

I have seen commercials for the new HDTV provider called Voom. Has anyone signed up for this service, and if you have, what are your impressions so far? Also, if anyone is aware, does this service allow viewing of non-HD broadcasts as well?

Thanks!

I do not have it but have read a little about it. Its primary claim to fame is a total of 36 (I believe) HD channels, in addition to 30-35 SD channels. Most of the HD is proprietary, but they are negotiating with HBO, Showtime, etc. So far they only sell through Sears, and are supposed to come out with a box that has DVI, Firewire, and Component outputs and HD "Tivo" like recording. HTH.

BTW, the initial cost is around $750, and I believe the initial monthly cost is $39.95 per month.

I have HD included in my monthly Digital Package @ $49.99 for 200 regular channels and 15 HD channels. $6.00 a month for the digital HD box it also includes 19 Video on Demand channels for free watching on my own time. Speed Channel on demands lets me watch all the content from the previous month.

Tan

HD is great, but right now there isn't much channel to choose from. I would love to watch F1 race in HD, now that I would pay for!

Akira said:
HD is great, but right now there isn't much channel to choose from. I would love to watch F1 race in HD, now that I would pay for!

You can say that again. Thank god for Speed channel but next to Spainish coverage it blows. You sign up just like nfl sunday ticket and you get like 12 channels to choose from, all digital.

Back