• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Volk Racing GT-P

Anyone know a source & best pricing for these rims & what are the widths available for a 17/18 set up? Option 2 where did you order your set from & how long?

I got my set from Vick at www.wheeloptions.com You can call him at Wheeloptions (Discount Tire Center of El Monte)
10707 Valley Mall
El Monte, CA 91731
(626) 579 -1182
(888) RIM - ALOT
I got the wheels and tires in 2 days

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 15 July 2002).]

hey qwksilver-

also check www.adventon.com, they have those rims...i was looking at those too...if you buy those, are you gonna sell your c2's...let me know, i want them!! widths=17x8;18x10 i'm not sure about the offsets.

My wheels are Front:17x8 Offset:+41 Rear:18x10 Offset:+43 I got the wheels for $2600 with tires.

------------------
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

Option 2, I placed my order w/ Vic today. Regarding the offsets, I'm wondering if you had to specify them or did you go w/ what Vic stocks. Apparently, I didn't have to specify offsets b/c Vic said the offsets he stocks are NSX specific. However, I went back into the picture archives & discovered that Si had an rubbing issue w/ a +44 offset, but was able to resolve this w/ a +43 offset. Meaning that there is in fact at least two offset choices for the rear. Can I trust this guy Vic? Hopefully my set up will be identical to yours since yours offsets look tight! BTW, if this place is close to you, any chance you can pay Vic a visit & make sure the offsets he sends me are the same as yours before he actually ships? I have a feeling that once I get them & if the offset is wrong, it's going to be tough to deal w/ him as he isn't the friendliest salesperson.

Thanks,
Eddie

I agree about Vic. Shady guy.
cool.gif

Eddie,

You won't have to worry about the offset issue. Thanks to Si, Vic now knows that +44 won't work.
wink.gif
When I asked Vic about offsets, he knew to send me +41 and +43. I wouldn't mind at all to go see Vic to make sure you get the right wheels, but I live in Northern Cali and he is located in Southern Cali.

Jay

------------------
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 17 July 2002).]

Thanks Option 2. I spoke to Vic this morning, & apparently, he does know now exactly what willl work on the NSX & he is in fact sending me 41 & 43. He tried to represent himself as an NSX guru & that he knew it all along, giving credit to himself & not mentioning the incident w/ Si. Anyway, I just hope I get the darn center caps I paid for, since he mentioned that they would be avaible in a day or two when I ordered & that they would be shipped at the same time. And hopefully he won't overcharge my credit card! I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope to post pics next week!

[
eddie-

let me know how the volks look..i would like to check them out in person..also, i'm inquiring about your c2's thanks...jay

Just a reminder that most of the aftermarket wheels are not hub-centric. Normally they make them bigger to accomodate different hubs sizes.

In order to make them hub-centric, you'd need to buy a set of rings that have the outside diameter that matches the wheels and the inside diameter that matches the hubs on your car. Other wise, the weigh of the car is resting on the studs... not good.

Check FAQ for the hub size on the nsx. I forget.

Chris

Back