Visiting SoCal (USC area) on Nov. 21-25 (Thanksgiving)

I plan on coming out. Hugo, Regan, and anyone else by the 626...you guys wanna caravan?

Im down. Though, I have a proposal...since I'll be picking up Nero in dtla do you all want caravan there and drive straight to c&c after (like bosses? lol)

This will require we pick him up no later than 6am though.

Gsrboy, you're actually pretty close to c&c already. Unfortunately your the opposite direction from us. We can meet somewhere closeby beforehand though

Last edited:
Im down. Though, I have a proposal...since I'll be picking up Nero in dtla do you all want caravan there and drive straight to c&c after (like bosses? lol)

This will require we pick him up no later than 6am though.

Gsrboy, you're actually pretty close to c&c already. Unfortunately your the opposite direction from us. We can meet somewhere closeby beforehand though

Regan, I actually be at my place where you picked up the ac compressor. We can meet somewhere near dtla.

I plan on coming out. Hugo, Regan, and anyone else by the 626...you guys wanna caravan?

Count me in.
Angel

I am down for caravan
626 guys. Let's meet off the 10fwy/Atlantic at 545am. PM me for the address.

This will give us 20 mins to get to dtla and should get to c&c before 730. Not to early..not to late. Nero, text me your address.
Regan, I actually be at my place where you picked up the ac compressor. We can meet somewhere near dtla.
Oh nice! I'll pm you Nero's address. If you're cool with meeting around 705there that would be a good place logistically.

We'll all head out from there.

626 guys. Let's meet off the 10fwy/Atlantic at 545am. PM me for the address.

This will give us 20 mins to get to dtla and should get to c&c before 730. Not to early..not to late. Nero, text me your address.

Oh nice! I'll pm you Nero's address. If you're cool with meeting around 705there that would be a good place logistically.

We'll all head out from there.

Regan you mean 6:05 or 7:05?

If you guys are all still around when I roll in, come see me. I'll probably be wearing my blue dress, naturally, to go with my LBBP hottie. I'm 90% sure I'll be bringing brownies so please come lighten my load. :smile:

me121006.jpg

IMG_3205110601brownies.jpg

Patty - That will go great with my coffee! thank you!

Regan, I just hope you don't starve waiting for me since I rarely show up before 8 AM. I did make a batch without nuts and one with walnuts. :smile:

Wow, the site's back up already! So here are a few photos from this morning, after Cars and Coffee in Irvine. We went to Pacific Whey at Crystal Cove in Newport Beach, for breakfast.

IMG_0386121124NSXs.jpg

IMG_0380121124NSXguys.jpg

^Graeme, Jonathan, Nero, Hugo, Tuan and Regan.

IMG_0381121124NSXguys.jpg

^Graeme, Jonathan, Nero, Hugo, Tuan and Regan.

IMG_0382121124NSXguys.jpg

^Jonathan (Track Addict), thank you for always putting a big smile on my face! :biggrin:

IMG_0384121124NSXguys.jpg

^Tuan

IMG_0383121124NSXguys.jpg

^Hugo and his ever ready smile. :smile:

Regan, is it you we were telling about the book, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein? In any case, here's what it looks like:

artofracingintherain.jpg

Here's a tidbit from FAQs to the author:

Q: The racing scenes deliver a real adrenaline rush and a feel for the intricacies of the sport. Is this seemingly expert knowledge based on personal experience or extensive research?

A: When I moved back to Seattle in 2001, I got involved in "high performance driver education," which is a fancy way of saying I learned to drive a car really fast on a race track. That soon led to my getting my racing license with the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). While I did fairly well as a driver (I won the points championship in the NW region Spec Miata class in 2003), I didn't really have the skill as a mechanic or the time and money needed to really excel. When I crashed my car pretty badly--ironically, while racing in the rain--I decided to semi-retire from racing, and now I only race enough to keep my license current.

The funny thing is that while I love cars, I never really thought of myself as a "car guy." When I finished the draft of this book, my wife said, "So that's why you were racing. You were doing research!" I guess, on a subconscious level, that's what I was doing.

According to this, the movie is currently in development and will be out in 2014, like the new NSX. :biggrin:

...and here's the other dog book I really enjoyed

IMG_3415DogsPurpose.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to say I had a blast down there. Wish I didn't have to go home, I miss it already! Maybe I will be able to move out there in some time. Anyhow, big thanks to Hugo, Tuan, and of course Regan for transporting me everywhere!!! I feel like I made some new friends out there and everyone was very knowledgable which made it fun to bounce ideas around. I also put that book on my reading list Patty :) Seeing the LBBP out in its native habitat was literally awesome. I will try to get some pics up soon and I have some videos too (but I don't wanna get anyone in more trouble with CHiPs :biggrin:)

Nero, it was good to meet you. I'm glad you made it back to Houston safe and sound. Thank you for posting about visiting and giving us an excuse to get together.

Nero, this is the stuff I was trying to remember the name of, that I use. If my car is just dusty from a short drive, I'll use this instead of washing it. BTW, I bought a gallon of it the last time I was in the detailing.com store, in Irvine. I use it on all three Hondas. I just refill the high quality metal spray cans.

DSCN2506AeroShine-1.jpg

www.detailing.com

Last edited:
Back