Viper Alarm ++ vs OEM keyless entry

I have been looking at installing the OEM keyless entry system when I pickup the 93 NSX. I went today to look at what other options there are. I am interested in a Viper Alarm system. Anybody use one?

My thoughts are:
OEM keyless $199. Opens doors
Viper $260 (installed) Open doors, arms alarm, opens trunk. May help my insurance rates.

So, as you can see, I think this is a good alternative.

Any thoughts?

PS.. the Viper brochure has an NSX in it
smile.gif

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I would go with the OEM. I had a Viper alarmed in my 97 T a few years ago. It was installed by a high end shop by the head installer, who also happened to own an NSX. I regretted it. The Viper arms the alarm but it is not integrated into the car's OEM alarm system. (at least mine wasn't) So for example, if you lock the door with the key (I know you will never need to do this with keyless entry on the Viper...but if you did) and then locked and unlocked the door with your keyless, the alarm will still go off when you open the door b/c the OEM alarm is still active. I think the integrated alarm system would be more effective in preventing theft. Also, you will get the "standard" Viper siren (unless you buy a different horn) which makes your car sound like every other car out there with a Viper system. When I was deciding b/t the OEM and the Viper, there was a $500-600 price difference, I think. I wish I had paid the extra $$ and gotten the OEM. In your case, it sounds like the price is the same so I would personally go with OEM. Just my two cents....

Congrats on your new car.

I second that. I have had nothing but problems with aftermarket alarm systems from high end to low end. I had the Alpine 8080 and the Clifford IQ900 and they both had numerous problems. The simple and prewired system on the NSX is the best way to go, imo. I just wish that it would at least flash lights so I know that it is armed. I always find myself going back to my car to make sure that I had locked it, whereas if it could flash lights, I could just check from far away.

A DIY was done to add the flashing lights capability to the factory alarm. I however, have not found time to do it yet.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Back