Video: Khartoum, Sudan (Need some help)

On my last trip out to Sudan for business with Dept of State, I recorded some clips of various areas I was at and put something together using iMovie with my MAC. I noticed some of the clips appear to be rough when I slowed down the frames. Any suggestions on how that could be corrected?

Also - any other suggestions on the video overall? This was my first time really attempting a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2TwsDctts

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_S2TwsDctts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very not bad!

When you imported the footage, did you have stabilization checked off? Just curious. It may be the reason for your choppiness. If it was on, try it off, and vice versa.

The vinetting gave it a nice used dirty old film look. Like I said, I only have one day with the software but didn't see that as an option. can you turn it on and off as you wish, or is the entire project all have to be in the same format?

FCP is going to have a lot more powerful platform to make the movies itself, but imovie isnt a bad tool for smaller films like these at all.

J

Very not bad!

When you imported the footage, did you have stabilization checked off? Just curious. It may be the reason for your choppiness. If it was on, try it off, and vice versa.

The vinetting gave it a nice used dirty old film look. Like I said, I only have one day with the software but didn't see that as an option. can you turn it on and off as you wish, or is the entire project all have to be in the same format?

FCP is going to have a lot more powerful platform to make the movies itself, but imovie isnt a bad tool for smaller films like these at all.

J

I had stabilization turned on - but I also noticed it started getting really weird when I slowed down certain segments of film.

The vignetting is optional on each clip. For consistency, I left it throughout. That was my first time using iMovie.. ever. I actually did most of the work on my laptop on the flight back to the US. Kept me busy. :)

What format was it shot in? How many FPS? (Frames per second) and what resolution? That should help... Also when you compress the video, depending on what codec you use, it sometimes takes out frames to reduce overall video size.

So its all a balance of finding the best picture quality without having a huge video file.

Back