Very determined new owner ('05) and my "Acura Diet"

Fantastic story and we're all pulling for you to be in the NSX ASAP. Sounds like a "Never Quit" attitude IMO. Awesome!

WOW! Looks like this guy changed his mind about His Acura Diet.. his car is forsale now in the forsale section. Had he gone thru with this it would have been a great story..Oh..well

Man, I'd like to go on an Acura Diet, but my allergy to exercise gets in the way. :tongue: Everytime I try to exercise, I get all flushed, sweaty and short of breath. :biggrin:

Man, I'd like to go on an Acura Diet, but my allergy to exercise gets in the way. :tongue: Everytime I try to exercise, I get all flushed, sweaty and short of breath. :biggrin:

LOL maybe to help solve the problem u can drink some water LOL or are u allergic to water too? LOL

Great thread, I'm a constant "yo-yo" dieter as well. Luckily now that I have my Sparco's Im forced to forgo that Micky D's run and hit up a Subway instead:biggrin:

wow... that's what I'm talking about. Someone that wants an 05 Silverstone so bad that he is willing to change his whole lifestyle for it. That's the kind of owner we like around here.

Hey WingZ, are you reading this?!!!

Congrats on what is the finest car on the planet. I am about to go and write a thread on my ownership experience now...

P.S. I am pretty sure that installing your own mods can be good excercise.

I shall refrain from comment as he's a newbie and I would like to congradulate him on his purchase ,before he falls into the violent and bloody trauma known as "COLOR WARS" of LBBP vs Silverconcrete.

Also Dave note he's chosen diet and exercise vs you constantly having one of your male "friends" oil you down so squeegee your big ass into your car:biggrin:

NVR 2L8 don't listen Dave aka Turbo2go. As far far as mods go he's the devil and will have you strung out in no time!

People aren't reading the threads

The guy's diet must not have worked since someone already posted his NSX in the for sale forum

The guy's diet must not have worked since someone already posted his NSX in the for sale forum

I belive he posted it unfortunately.

Good catch Matt_337! If it was my birthday I couldn't have asked for a better B day present:biggrin:

Hey DAVE did you read that.. LOL People just can't sell the Silver fast enough..LOL:tongue:

It's a good day:biggrin:

Hey DAVE did you read that.. LOL People just can't sell the Silver fast enough..LOL:tongue:

Maybe, but its listed at 75K... and we both know if it was blue that price would have dropped faster than Paris Hilton's panties at frat party. Lets see how long it stays on the market.

Maybe, but its listed at 75K... and we both know if it was blue that price would have dropped faster than Paris Hilton's panties at frat party. Lets see how long it stays on the market.

Oh thank God I thought you were going to say something witty....whew! Nice to have the old "he couldn't find humor in Dave Chapelles ass" Dave back:biggrin:

Bad move on his part to sell for that high:frown: Oh well nothing quite like a low mileage parts car:biggrin: It'll be good for engine, roof panel , doors and glass etc. Only nice thing about that shade Silver paint is that it's basically primer...LOL

WOW! Looks like this guy changed his mind about His Acura Diet.. his car is forsale now in the forsale section. Had he gone thru with this it would have been a great story..Oh..well

:biggrin: Hey guys, since I am the "Acura Diet" guy, I thought that I should chime in. In reply to the diet, I must admit:

" I WROTE A CHECK WITH MY MOUTH THAT MY ASS CAN'T CASH" !!!

With that part out of the way, here is the rest of the story.

I have three kids in college and one in boarding school. Anybody want to change places? Busting my tail keeping them in the standard of living to which they have become accustomed does not leave a whole lot of time to work out. Still, I take full responsibility.

My options:

1. Sell the car.

2. Re-commit myself to the original plan. It is not too late to start modding myself and the car. After all, I did order the HRE 540s, which should be in any day now.

3. Keep the car in stoarge for a while, and take up my effort in a few months. I think the car is a good investment (with low mileage) not likely to go down that much.

I still love the car. Thanks to everyone for the interest. I will chime in as things develop

Hint............

Gym4.jpg

Steve - Brings back very fond memories from my past. Let me guess, you are late 20s, early 30s at the most.

No excuses, but in your mid 50s, it is a whole different ballgame.

I know!

NVR...
Life is a roller coaster. I personally don't think any vehicle is a good investment. However in this particular case, I think it's a great investment.
If this car can motivate you to change your health for the better, it's priceless.
Anycase, I hope to see you keep this car and continue your journey to Health. Best of luck.

Keep the dream alive! Don't sell the car. You can do anything you want if you make a commitment to yourself.

When I turned 40, I decided to dedicate more time to regular exercise. I am an engineer and sit at a desk all day doing CAD. I wasn't overweight, but I didn't have a lot of energy. Fast forward five years and I am a dedicated fitness fanatic. I get up at 4:00 am and go workout till 6:00 then work 12 hour days. I work out at least 4 days a week, and eat a healthy diet. I am in the best shape of my life.

The hardest part is believing in yourself. Give it a try.

Wow, this story has great potential, I'll stick around to see how it ends... I over heard the ending has something to do with a guy riding off into the sunset in a sweet NSX! :biggrin:

Back