V8 performance with four cylinder fuel economy?? Does that mean 40mpgs???

I remember when I had my cats off the NSX, I got 29 MPG every time I drive from LA to Vegas or SF.

I now own a CRZ, it's a 2800 lb car, just last week when I drove from LA to SD, I set the cruise control at 65 and I got 48 MPG out of it. So depend on if the NSX is IMA or the car can run completely on Battery, I'm sure Honda can make it go at least more than 30MPG with proper final gearing.

Than again, if you drive it like you stole it, good luck...lol

Wow even the base Vette is going to be hard to beat and running as a four cylinder for mpg and starts at $52k WOW! Never been a Vette guy but as an enthusiasts I very impressed

http://bcove.me/wiop54lr

dmscrx actually knows what he is talking about. A Vette or most other GM projects are not very efficient. When they are in 6th gear they are just above idle which has nothing to do with good torque. He is correct by saying it is a band aid. The tall 6th gear just adds more load to the engine which is bad for longevity. Turbos are actually very efficient. Don't judge turbo MPG by the GTR because we all forget that car is over 3800 lbs.

dmscrx actually knows what he is talking about. A Vette or most other GM projects are not very efficient. When they are in 6th gear they are just above idle which has nothing to do with good torque. He is correct by saying it is a band aid. The tall 6th gear just adds more load to the engine which is bad for longevity. Turbos are actually very efficient. Don't judge turbo MPG by the GTR because we all forget that car is over 3800 lbs.

My GTO with a blower gets 28MPGs~ easy at 65MPH and under 2kRPMs. It weighs about the same as a GTR. I certainly don't forget......

My GTO with a blower gets 28MPGs~ easy at 65MPH and under 2kRPMs. It weighs about the same as a GTR. I certainly don't forget......
I get near the same in my SRT8 Charger on the highway. But I average 16.

I average 20MPGs.

My loaner TL with half the power average 21MPGs.

I guess the VEs are paying of in a new car with a 6 speed auto...

Use some logic man. But I can make an irrelevant comparison as well; My father's 6.0L Escalade could only muster 14MPG and it is a newer fuel injected engine with lots of this fuel saving torque you keep raving about. The fuel economy gets even better when he hauls his boat too :)

Slipping behind a semi going 70 on a flat road for 26 miles and averaging 40.5mpg on the computer readout is a far cry from "real world" 40+mpg. If they can do that over several tanks going from one place to another and then back, then I would consider that "real world" highway mpg.

Fair enough we'll have to wait for a long term test but just the thought of a high G , high 3sec 0-60 that can get 40 mpg at 70mph is AWESOME

Fair enough we'll have to wait for a long term test but just the thought of a high G , high 3sec 0-60 that can get 40 mpg at 70mph is AWESOME

It would be, but I can reset the mpg counter on any new car, cruise on the highway for ~30 miles and it'll read unbelievably high. I don't doubt the Corvette can knock at 30 mpg all hwy though. In fact I hope it does, then everyone can stop saying, why do sports cars need to be fuel efficient???

It would be, but I can reset the mpg counter on any new car, cruise on the highway for ~30 miles and it'll read unbelievably high. I don't doubt the Corvette can knock at 30 mpg all hwy though. In fact I hope it does, then everyone can stop saying, why do sports cars need to be fuel efficient???

LOL in my best Australian accent "sports cars don't need to be efficient mate"

LOL in my best Australian accent "sports cars don't need to be efficient mate"

Haha! All I can say is, these sports cars are designed to be lighter, more aerodynamic, have smaller frontal areas and generally try to extract every hp out of each cubic inch/cc. We should be scratching our heads if it is getting less mpg compared to the larger and heavier mundane cars, especially on a steady cruise like on the highway.

Back