Used NSX's

Tom239 said:
Can anyone comment on why a car manufacturer wouldn't use a non-interference design?
there is a much cheaper and simplier system called "a timing chain" which usually lasts the life of the engine. Some will say they are noisier but I can't tell :D

Last edited:
I did my timing belt on my 92 at 29k miles. Acura recommends 7 years or 70,000 miles. So does FERRRARI.. I was way over the time duration and I had just bought the car so I did the timing belt, waterpump and adjusted the vavles all at the same time. I paid $297 for all the parts and had our nsx master tech do the work for a flat $500.... Talk about an unreal deal! It made me feel me comfortable driving and beating up on my X. Next step is a slipping clutch- 33k of hard driving. Amazed it held up this long!

The quotes I was getting (from Los Gatos Acura and Foreign Affair Honda) were in the 1700-1800 range. The < 800$ deal is amazing.

Maybe if I get the parts using the NSXCA discount and have don do it, it might be much cheaper.

And yeah, I dont want to blow up my engine. I'll probably get this done soon or I'll get nightmares about the engine barfing on me.

Back