Upper Windshield molding coming loose...

The molding along the top of my windshield, that borders the roof, is peeling back at the edges.

Is there a good adhesive I can get to tack this back down properly?

Thanks -

JS

I took my parts to a friend owning a glass shop for installation. He said according to the directions that possibly the windshield might have to come out. Instead of doing that he just did the new moulding and retainers. That was almost a year ago and there haven't been any issues since.
HTH

Wanted to bump this thread since my upper windshield molding is shrinking, anybody has done this project lately? I order the molding and the fastener and look at the instruction which mention about removing the weather stripping, does this weather stripping just comes out by pulling on it or is there a way to get it out? Anyone? Shawn?

After you remove the retainer...Yes, the molding pulls out easily. The fastener is the one with an adhesive strip. Also not bad to remove, but you must then CAREFULLY scrape the excess adhesive that remains on the roof/windshield area. If you do not do this the fastener will not fit well. Also be careful as to how you replace the stiffeners on each end so you don't get bumps on either side of the molding, make sure they are UNDER the windshield. This is a very easy job. Doesn't take long. Good luck!

-DREW-

After you remove the retainer...Yes, the molding pulls out easily. The fastener is the one with an adhesive strip. Also not bad to remove, but you must then CAREFULLY scrape the excess adhesive that remains on the roof/windshield area. If you do not do this the fastener will not fit well. Also be careful as to how you replace the stiffeners on each end so you don't get bumps on either side of the molding, make sure they are UNDER the windshield. This is a very easy job. Doesn't take long. Good luck!

-DREW-

Thanks Drew, to access the retainer do you need to remove weather strip first? From pic. The retainer is under the weatherstrip is this correct? How do you remove retainer?

Thanks guys

Thanks PHOEN$X for awesome write up, hope you enjoying your bluesled

Thanks Drew, to access the retainer do you need to remove weather strip first? From pic. The retainer is under the weatherstrip is this correct? How do you remove retainer?

Thanks guys
Open your doors completely and pull down the weatherstrip along the windshield and roof. Then there are 11 screws that need to come out along the length of the retainer. (assuming you have a coupe). See pic. I had to replace a couple of the grommets that were missing on mine from the PO.:confused: Next, remove the retainer by lifting it up and back. Now the windshield molding ends will be visible and you can pull the molding out by pulling it up (away from the glass). Hope this helps. The link liftnot provided above will guide you through.

-DREW-

Last edited:
Oh man...memories, LOL.

You're welcome anesthesia! I'm glad to have contributed something to the NSX community, since it has brought me so much joy. Good luck with the job and let me know how it goes!

P.S., I am loving the blue sled. :biggrin:

Oh, Yeah... Be sure to push your door weatherstrip back on all the way correctly or your window seal will scream @140mph!:cool:

-DREW-

Back