Unlucky Enzo

JAYS NSX said:
I wonder if people who see wrecked NSX's would say the same things about us? :confused:
Nah, they'd probably mistake the NSXs for corvettes or camaros.

"Dude, that vette crashed so hard its engine bay got pushed to the back! :eek:"

Soichiro said:
Perhaps there are metallic fasteners molded into the carbon to allow for this, but I've never seen them or read about them. This may be a case where a new tub is needed. Anyone have any experience with carbon cars a la McLaren, Mosler, Porsche GT etc?
I remember reading that the new Benz McLaren SLR had a special modularized construction approach that facilitated repair work, whereas in an Enzo or Pagani you could be SOL. I'll try to look up the reference.

Don't recall if it was for the McLaren SLR or Carrera GT.

Last edited:
Hold On, There

$650k into the trash, guys like that don’t deserve what they have!!

Not so fast with the rhetoric, V12Kid. Your comment is very condescending. For example......

Somebody posts on the Camaro forum a picture of a totaled NSX. Another member of said forum posts a comment along the line of, "$90k into the trash, guys like that don’t deserve what they have!!"

How would that make you feel? How do we know what happened to the Enzo.....it may have been a genuine accident, right?

Your comment is completely unfounded and biased.

Double Standards ??

What a freaking moron- :mad: :(

I could say the same thing about you, when you spun at TWS last year, had you hit a wall.

Why is it that when somebody has an accident, other people have to look down their nose at the individual?

Thao NSX smacked her rear suspension, yet nobody is calling her a moron, despite her taking her NSX out in the snow, which is not quite wise. For all we know, the Enzo was in good weather.

Lighten up. :rolleyes:

AFAIK, ThaoNSX is a man. I think the account originated under his wife's name, hence "Debbie Thao".

My Bad

AFAIK, ThaoNSX is a man. I think the account originated under his wife's name, hence "Debbie Thao".

My apology to Mr. / Ms. Thao.....somewhere I drew the wrong conclusion when I saw pictures from a different thread.

Regardless, I hope the point in my above threads comes across clear - do not call somebody a moron or undeserving of their expensive car, just because of an accident.

Re: CSI needed...!

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm, are there any Forensic Wreckologists here who can perhaps iterate to us what exactly happened to the Enzo...? :confused:

[ie. type of collision/impact, potential-likely damage]

pbassjo should be able to "decipher" the cause of death of this poor prancing Italian Stallion......

Here's the rest of the info. Check out that repair cost estimate :eek:

enzo1.jpg

00993404_1X.jpg

00993404_2X.jpg

00993404_4X.jpg

00993404_5X.jpg

Perhaps you now see that this Enzo owner is no moron at all....ACV = $1,300,000. Not bad, especially if he bought it directly from Ferrari for $650,000. He could buy it back, repair it, and basically drive a brand new Enzo for free.

If that is the one the guys son wrecked, I would be interested to know the details.

You would have thought we must have read about it because most fathers would have next killed their son. :D :D

Re: Double Standards ??

AndyVecsey said:
What a freaking moron- :mad: :(

I could say the same thing about you, when you spun at TWS last year, had you hit a wall.

Never spun at TWS, must be somebody else your thinking about.

Yes, it was you. When you came to the paddock, you parked near the chain link fence towards the back, facing the carousel turn. There was mud all over the left bottom portion of your car and mud was on your driver-side outer sidewalls. If you didn't spin, then you definitely dropped two wheels to get that much mud on your car and in the wheel wells. There were three red NSXs there that weekend - mine (I was not running), a coupe (black roof) and yours (with the similar tape-on numbers, except I think you had blue numbers) as shown in your avatar. Point is, whether you spun or dropped wheels, nobody called you a moron and that is why I made my initial comment earlier in this thread.

Re: My Bad

AndyVecsey said:

My apology to Mr. / Ms. Thao.....somewhere I drew the wrong conclusion when I saw pictures from a different thread.

Regardless, I hope the point in my above threads comes across clear - do not call somebody a moron or undeserving of their expensive car, just because of an accident.

Damn! When I first joined Prime, I thought Andy and I were on opposite poles, but as of late, we are starting to have similar views :eek: ;) Glad to hear from you, especially when in agreement with me. :D

AndyVecsey said:
Yes, it was you. When you came to the paddock, you parked near the chain link fence towards the back, facing the carousel turn. There was mud all over the left bottom portion of your car and mud was on your driver-side outer sidewalls. If you didn't spin, then you definitely dropped two wheels to get that much mud on your car and in the wheel wells. There were three red NSXs there that weekend - mine (I was not running), a coupe (black roof) and yours (with the similar tape-on numbers, except I think you had blue numbers) as shown in your avatar. Point is, whether you spun or dropped wheels, nobody called you a moron and that is why I made my initial comment earlier in this thread.

So, I will say it again, I didn't spin at TWS. However, like you said, I did drop 2 wheels. AND, I FELT LIKE A MORON FOR DOING IT.

So, I stand by my statement, What a moron! Maybe you wouldn't feel that way if you crashed your SC NSX, but I know I would.

different strokes for different folks

How about this, for xpo this year if you put 2 wheels off we give you a shirt that says doofus,if you spin ,then it will say moron:Dlol.Actualy if you spin at the glen chances are your car will have a new pale blue T-shirt!

Back