Unlucky Enzo

Well, here's one for wreckedexotics.com.

Attachments

• 2003enzod.jpg
    2003enzod.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,227
Holly wrecked Enzo Batman...Yikes!:eek: :(

I think you ment there are now only 398 left, out of 399.

Its for sale here soon.
I called on it today they are talking about $750.000.00

This is the second enzo to crash this year.
This one is from Florida, and was crashed by the owners son. only 397 left.

http://www.ferrariservice.ws/

Last edited:
If there isn't any structure damage to the pillars, that could be repaired. It will never be the same, but it will still be a show car.

I wonder how the ferrari forums are taking the news.... :D

CSI needed...!

hmmm, are there any Forensic Wreckologists here who can perhaps iterate to us what exactly happened to the Enzo...? :confused:

[ie. type of collision/impact, potential-likely damage]

Well, one guy in New York has two, and from what i heard, that guy loves to take risks with his cars on the track.

NSXLuvr said:
What a freaking moron- :mad: :(

Don't call him a moron. I would call the Enzo owners who have them as garage queens as morons. I am glad to see owners "drive" their cars to the limits. I see tons and tons of wrecked NSX's, F-cars, Vipers, 911's etc at the track......shit happens. I have already planned in my head for the day it happens to me. Driving my NSX (or any sports car) to the limit during track events, well exceeds the risk for me anyway. The only sad occurances are like the FL one where the owners kid snuck it out. They are only cars, hopefully the driver was un-harmed. If you fall down, stand up, dust yourself off, and try it again! ;)

T Bell said:
Don't call him a moron. I would call the Enzo owners who have them as garage queens as morons. I am glad to see owners "drive" their cars to the limits.
Ditto! Just because the guy cracked his car up doesn't make him a moron. If you wreck your NSX should you be a moron in the eyes of someone who is not as privlidged to own one?

There is a reason we insure our cars - it is not in case they catch fire in the garage while our house burns down. It is because these cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed, and occasionally cracked up. Life goes on, this guy will get another supercar, and the rest of the Enzos bump up in value a little bit because now they are even more rare...:D

>>a new front clip from the factory

I believe the term clip refers to a body/chassis part that can be fixed to the main unibody structure. The fixing is usually done by welding, riveting or bolting but I guess adhesives are used in some modern cars. Trouble is the Enzo is a carbon tub molded in one piece. I don't see how you could attach a front clip to what remains of this car (providing you could even get a front, again I don't see how as they are made in one piece).

Perhaps there are metallic fasteners molded into the carbon to allow for this, but I've never seen them or read about them. This may be a case where a new tub is needed. Anyone have any experience with carbon cars a la McLaren, Mosler, Porsche GT etc?

Soichiro said:
>>a new front clip from the factory

Trouble is the Enzo is a carbon tub molded in one piece. I don't see how you could attach a front clip to what remains of this car (providing you could even get a front, again I don't see how as they are made in one piece).

Perhaps there are metallic fasteners molded into the carbon to allow for this, but I've never seen them or read about them. This may be a case where a new tub is needed. Anyone have any experience with carbon cars a la McLaren, Mosler, Porsche GT etc?

I'd be willing to bet this thing would go back to the factory for repair if they would do such and I'm thinking they would. The tub is formed via a vacuum compression system and the jig would have to be specific. I would be suprised if one exists stateside. Think of a Lola, Reynard open wheeler tub or other prototype customer cars that has heavy crash damage. They almost always go back to the factory just to be sure. The Enzo is no different, no metal fasterners exist other than the pick-up points for suspension and tranny. I'm no expert by any means, however I have worked on my share of Lola's & Swifts with aluim. tubs. The c-fiber is a different animal w/superior structural strength and rigidity. It may be the case that the tub damage on this Enzo isn't too bad or nothing at all. If that the case it may only cost a couple of hundred thousand to repair .....

I would love to know what the repair costs will be on this one!:D

Based on the pic of the damage, the tub seems like it would be intact, With the car being based on the F1 design, it doesn't look like it would be very hard to fix. I would definitely send it back to the factory though.

Picture%20-%20Joining%20-%20Ferrari%20Enzo%20Chassis%203.jpg

Back