Um...Why is this car worth so much?

Then you should buy it, doc! :biggrin:

I've thought about it,,its a piece of history,but it would still take another 100k to get it sorted and on the track again.

His wife is making him sell it, but he doesn't REALLY want to......So he can satisfy her by saying....I put it up for sale, but no one was interested. :biggrin:

Thats what I would do at least.

His wife is making him sell it, but he doesn't REALLY want to......So he can satisfy her by saying....I put it up for sale, but no one was interested. :biggrin:

Thats what I would do at least.

That was my thoughts. Or it's a guy selling for another and the owner has no idea it's worth prob 32k max but he demands 45 lol. I'm all for getting most for your ride, but really. I mean I saw a 03 ctsc sell for 70k, (or close) for just the car with a ctsc....... What's my 04 with apx turbo, wheels, body kit, lowered with stereo? With these trends I'd say 74k. Realistically I know it's prob 66k tops.

Always "slays me" when someone's first post here on NSX Prime is their for sale add. Feel used. :frown:

I know what you mean alum. But what the heck - I guess while I've been kind of on a sebatical or something like that - prices must have gone way up. Damn I knew I sold mine too cheap.....:biggrin:

I don't really know what makes some of these guys tick - guy's off his nut - to put it mildly. It's a nice looking car though. Guess he's trying to get what he'll need for an NA2...lol. Nice if he can pull it off. :rolleyes:

I don't agree. I think it's crap to come to Prime to use it only to market their vehicle having made no contrbution with to the knowledge base, sense of community or sponsorship.

Asking a preposterous price to boot and yes I see OBO. Sh*t, at least lurk a while, get a feel for the market and by association the community and maybe make some contribution and maybe they even keep the car.

Nope, just join and list. On Oakley Forum you have to make 10 posts and wait 10 days to just to see the exchange forum.

We're allowed to feel differently though!

The weird thing is I agree with you as well :wink:

To be 100% frank, why do you care?

He can ask whatever he wants, just has to wait for that one needle in the haystack guy to show up and he wins. It's free to list and ask any price.

I've had countless people PM me to buy my GPW NSX, I told them it would have to be easily 6 figures for me to even consider. Does that mean I need the money? nope, it just says to the buyer I'm not ready to sell unless you are ready to pony up.

btw I have my 09 s2000 listed for $53k on s2ki and it's gotten TONS of views, exactly what I want :) I don't care if it doesn't sell but if that one in a million guy shows up with the money then I'll just sell it and build another one.

just has to wait for that one needle in the haystack guy to show up and he wins...if that one in a million guy shows up with the money then...

So you sit around wishing for money? You must play the lottery too. :D

Seriously, I agree that anyone can ask what they want...and your attitude is correct if it is:

"I love my car and don't want to sell...but EVERYTHING has a price, so "sure", I'll sell...if someone offers me insane money."

Then you gotta see the majority point of view. They see this as a crackpot that thinks he's sitting on a goldmine...or he just has zero clue about the realistic market value of his car...so they poke fun at him.

So you sit around wishing for money? You must play the lottery too. :D

Seriously, I agree that anyone can ask what they want...and your attitude is correct if it is:

"I love my car and don't want to sell...but EVERYTHING has a price, so "sure", I'll sell...if someone offers me insane money."

Then you gotta see the majority point of view. They see this as a crackpot that thinks he's sitting on a goldmine...or he just has zero clue about the realistic market value of his car...so they poke fun at him.

Gotta agree with you here GBL! Can't help but poke a little at some of these insane prices.

Hey Bromley it's good to have you back in these parts....

Here's another example of an optimist:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY...2339337?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c29ead209

Sure, it's a 2001 red NSX with 20,xxx miles.......last of the pop-up headlights and a low production model year, but it will languish on FleaBay for a loooong time at that sale price (and has already been listed for 1-2 months now).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY...2339337?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c29ead209

Sure, it's a 2001 red NSX with 20,xxx miles.......last of the pop-up headlights and a low production model year, but it will languish on FleaBay for a loooong time at that sale price (and has already been listed for 1-2 months now).

That's because this is a car dealer! As a rule, I try to never buy from stealerships because they're prices are always stupid.

I know, I know...they have commissions and over-head expenses to pay out, but remind me about the part where that's my problem...

There are overpriced cars all over the place. I don't care, except when it wastes my time. When I was actively shopping, I tried to buy the 2000 silverstone NSX-T in Scottsdale (currently listed in Autotrader for $53.9k now). The seller's price fluctuated all over the place, and at one point we had a verbal agreement for $47k cash. Then he flaked out and stopped responding to my calls, and quietly raised the price to $59k. I wasted a lot of time talking to that seller and was not happy about it. I almost gave up on another NSX because I was trying to hold out for this jerk. :mad:

That's because this is a car dealer! As a rule, I try to never buy from stealerships because they're prices are always stupid.

I know, I know...they have commissions and over-head expenses to pay out, but remind me about the part where that's my problem...

In addition, I try to avoid dealerships because in AZ I don't have to pay sales tax if I purchase a vehicle from a private individual. I know some people who insist on purchasing from a dealer because they falsely think it provides them more protection, but most dealers know squat about the NSX, and a PPI by an independent party will reveal most problems anyway. The only significant benefit to going to a dealer is if you need to obtain financing through them.

Mighty nice to be missed - thanks Alum. Oh boy this is a hum dinger - 60k for a 2001 with 20k+ miles and what do you bet if you asked him about the TB/WP he'd say what? How do these little dealers end up with these cars - they just get passed from big dealers to little dealers for some kind of money - and then they each take a shot at "glory" and hope they find a SUCKER!

Oh well - nothing wrong with it but unlike an individual they really do need to sell. :biggrin:

Tim, I was away from this forum during the time you were shopping for an NSX, but I've read some of your threads and enjoyed your insight into the marketplace. Glad to see you posting again, and as always you have something interesting to say. Cheers. :)

Personally if I ran the dealership, I would put that price on it for Ebay & Autotrader listings because there are so many people with absolutely no knowledge about the NSX who may believe that is a "real" price and drop the cash. In the $40-60k car sales range they are luxury purchases and not necessity purchases like other car sales, so there is an entirely different mindset.

After the car sat on the lot, or if the sportscar buying season was nearing a close (which it is now), then I would certainly negotiate with an educated buyer and move the car at a lower price.

Advertised price though? To the moon!

P.S. that is important info too when pricing or buying a car, don't look at these fantasy dealership numbers as what you can expect to buy/sell for unless you are in no hurry to sell or in a real hurry to buy

Last edited:
Tim, I was away from this forum during the time you were shopping for an NSX, but I've read some of your threads and enjoyed your insight into the marketplace. Glad to see you posting again, and as always you have something interesting to say. Cheers. :)

Thanks, glad to be here - really miss the group - no other site in the world where you feel like family! Fun to post and fun to be part of Prime. I miss my NSX too - I was talking about that with my wife earlier and she said - "I told you not to sell that car" - well I'll get another one day. Not sure exactly when but it will be a targa and 3.2/6 speed for sure. Gotta be a little different than the first one just to experience the NA2.

Little dealers are really the cads out there. Gotta be smart when you buy. If you stay on this site for 6 months and really read and participate you will learn how to buy a good car. You guys are so helpful but it takes some real stick-to-itiveness to get the best deal and the really right car for you.

Lot's of fun guys - glad to still be able to drop in and participate with my pals.

Later

Personally if I ran the dealership, I would put that price on it for Ebay & Autotrader listings because there are so many people with absolutely no knowledge about the NSX who may believe that is a "real" price and drop the cash. In the $40-60k car sales range they are luxury purchases and not necessity purchases like other car sales, so there is an entirely different mindset.

The only thing is, if you're searching for an NSX, you get a bunch that pop up at FAR lower prices, which begs the question, "What's so special about this one? This guy must be off his rocker." Then they wind up buying a cheaper car because, once again, they don't know anything about the car to begin with.

Back