Two cars listed for sale with VIN JH4NA2166WT000219

The eBay car has a photo of the VIN sticker, so I'm guessing that the VIN corresponds to the car on eBay. (Whether the eBay seller actually owns the car, I have no idea - caveat bidder.)

The autotrader car has an automatic transmission - this is also indicated on the dealer's site, so I'm assuming that's pretty accurate - so I'm going to guess that the VIN in the listing, which is a VIN for a six-speed, is not reported correctly on autotrader or on the dealer's listing. There's definitely an inconsistency in the listing for the autotrader car. However, given that this is an actual dealer (with an address and directions on their website), I wonder whether it might just be an error of some sort, rather than deliberate fraud. I'm sure a simple phone call (just asking why the listing says automatic but the VIN is for a six-speed) can find out more...

Ok, it sounds like the white car is the real 1998 #000219.

However, this situation still bears further investigation by anyone interested in that car....

The VIN in the Ecocar ad on autotrader is unlikely to be a typo since the check digit is correct. So, if it's not a typo, why would ecocar have that VIN number to begin with, assuming they just accidently entered the wrong VIN in their ad? Ecocar deals in damaged and rebuilt vehicles. So if the white car is really mint no-accident vehicle, why does someone at Ecocar have that VIN in their records to accidently type it into the ad for the blue car? Maybe it is just a mistake, but if I were looking at buying the white car I'd certainly want to look into it.

Inspection

See Ebay isn't always bad! You could ask the seller to take the car to Basch Acura for an inspection. Mark typically does a free inspection and is well versed in NSX's...He does the work on mine..

i think bostonnsx posted a free carfax site.....that would determine the mileage of the car.....

Back