Twin Turbo V8 Supra.. 2500hp!

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/10/31/builds-gt-gt-team-need-for-speed-world-racing-supra.aspx

has anyone checked this beast out? it's the sickest supra i ever seen!:eek:

RADO_Supra_v820650.jpg

Last edited:
Every time I see a feature on Chris Rado I have to laugh at myself.

I went to a small state university in Pennsylvania, and one of my fraternity brothers was from Reading PA. (Where Chris is from) They were good friends in highschool. Whitey knew I was into cars, and had been running on and on about his buddies 400+ hp Integra. In 1996 the "Import scene" was still very much underground, and to a V8 guy like me those numbers did not seem really feasible from a 4 cylinder- at least not to my comprehension. I never outright called him a liar, but lets just say it was obvious I was skeptical.
One night Chris comes to town with his car, which at that time was still on the street. Whitey has him take me for a ride. The butt-dyno would put that car at 400+ easy. He also left a real nice patch in front of my fraternity house.

That encounter is what introduced me to the world of imports, and eventually led to my purchase of an Integra GSR. The rest is pretty much history.

P

ok, need i point out the car isn't finished in that article? those numbers are just estimates.

I'll repeat one of the comments. This build is insanely INSANE!!!

naa its ugly, rev it a few times and your gas tank would be empty.

2500 HP more like 2500 reasons to leave it stock.

all that hype and no video?

hey, it sat there and did nothing and people seemed to like it at SEMA. i just don't like how they are claiming 2500hp like its already happened.

No kidding :eek:

Don't think he can recover 10% of that.

Having something different costs money and there is no way he did it for resale. More power to people looking to push the envelope.

Having something different costs money and there is no way he did it for resale. More power to people looking to push the envelope.

But spending that kind of money to be different is a bit of a stretch ...

Buying an exotic car instead would be a better investment, but it's his money so if this is his desire then ...

Sorry, doesn't float my boat.

you realize this is a big time tuner/ racer... who is sponsored by Toyota and many other companies. he is building this car because that is what he does... and he is probably getting hooked up on everything.

i worked for a shop where a car company had us build a car for them... we got a few cars, parts, and a lot of money to build a car. it was a lot of work, but the shop got paid well.

Back