Turbo system recommendation?

Dynapack will typically read 15% higher than a dynojet and a mustang is usually 15-20% lower than a dynojet that is calibrated properly because you can make a mustang read whatever you want it to. They are all just numbers anyway....there are too many different variables.

I agree there are some dynos that read higher and lower but you can't claim XXX brand dyno reads x% lower, and then claim you can make it read what you want it to read. I hope you understand the hypocrisy of that statement. How can an entire line of dynamometers read low if the user defines the scaling. I do agree you can make a dyno read anything you want it to, and because of this I really try not to label a brand of dyno's but more particularly treat each dyno individually.

From your statistics my 390whp @6psi on a dynapack = 339whp dynojet
339whp dynojet * .85 = 288whp on a mustang dyno lol, I know they call it a heartbreaker but my heart wouldn't be broken I would be laughing.

I have in fact had my car on a mustang dyno and made 371whp(-4.9%), only change was that I added the intake to the turbo vs no intake on the dynapack when I first started tuning. I've also had my car down the strip, we shall call that the "universal dyno". 120.9mph worth of power, hard to argue the numbers here. Sorry kookoo but your numbers are oh so convenient...400whp on a mustang dyno trapping 2-3mph lower than my 390whp dynapack. Realistically on a good day, it very well may trap 120+ like mine. But just goes to show you can't judge a dyno by it's brand.

I've also had a previous car on 3 different dynos and the dynapack read lowest vs a dyno dynamics(+6.9%), and a dynojet(+1.9%), so it's all relative. Stick with one specific dyno not brand, if possible, if you want a semblance of even comparison.

In my own personal experience......my car when supercharged made between 379-384 on A Dynapack......same tune and temperature the car made 331-335 on a dynojet......hypocrisy.....uhmmmm I don't think so. Sounds more like -15%. As far as my 15-20% difference between a dynojet and mustang......my car once turbo'd made 595 on a different dynojet when tuned than once again with same tune made 522......again -15%. All you have to do to make a mustang read what you want is to change the weight of the car.

And based on your statistics your 390hp = slow on any dyno you put it on.

Everything is all relative, perhaps you are just on a very low reading dyno + a very conservative tune. I cant see this setup making under 600whp at 16psi even with the .64 a/r housings on your 3.5l setup.

Well, if dynapacks mostly read high, then the only reason left is a *really* conservative tune, which means the system really should be capable of > 550 whp (even on a dynapack) on pump gas. Maybe just requires a beefier pump and less conservative tune?

Back