Tubi HP gains?

Ken,

PBblaster is "like" Liquid Wrench, but from practical experience PBblaster is a far superior product. You can lossen stuck fasteners in minutes from the time you spray them.

I was reading the can and said to myself: "yeah, right", then I used it and can vouch for the claim on the can!

The only product that compares was a product I used about 10 years ago and it was not available for consumer use(I cannot recall the name, I will check tonight)

Russ,

I certainly agree with your thinking. I do think you get weight savings, but if it is performance for the $$, as I mentioned, look elsewhere. I would recommend you hear one, though, you may change your mind
smile.gif
JMHO!
INSX,

Are these claims pulished with Dyno results? I have to agree with Tino on this point. "Claim" is the operative word. Not downing Borla in any way, but ask for written proof (Dyno sheet) about their claim. YHPMV!

HTH,
LarryB

[This message has been edited by Larry Bastanza (edited 21 August 2002).]

Originally posted by Larry Bastanza:
PBblaster is "like" it, but from practical experience PBblaster is a far superior product. You can lossen stuck fasteners in minutes from the time you spray them.

Larry, do you think it's okay to use PBlaster + air tools to remove the exhaust bolts? I think I'd feel safer under the car using the gun instead of a breaker bar (less time spent underneath the car & more balanced application of torque). What are the chances of air tools snapping the stud if it's soaked in PBlaster first?

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

[This message has been edited by Russ (edited 21 August 2002).]

I would recommend you hear one, though, you may change your mind
smile.gif

That's what everyone keeps telling me - dammit I have to hear one! Does Miled have his installed yet? I think he's the closest Tubi to me.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

I would recommend you hear one, though, you may change your mind
smile.gif
JMHO!

Well, can we secure a sample installed on an NSX at Thunderhill on 9/3? The front straight where one will max out on WOT to rev line on third is an ideal place to hear this and it bounces/echos from the hot pit wall as well ........
cool.gif

It would be a shame to miss such an opportunity given the 35 NSX that will be present. Same with GruppeM ..... these are two exhausts that we have not had a chance to hear yet here in the central valley ........
frown.gif

Tony, Alex, ..... any suggestions?

Russ,

I do not know if Miled has his installed, actually I have to retract my statement above, I am not sure he even recieved it yet. We had discussed me giving him a hand putting it on, but we have not spoken since.

I guess you could use an air gun from the start, I just prefer to feel it with the breaker bar. If the car is up on stands, at a good height, it is really not a problem. Again this is my personal preference. I have seen the results of being too "impact gun happy"
smile.gif

Additionally, you will have a hard time getting the gun up there since the nuts are very close to the pipes. You will need a universal impact socket and an extension. This is not the best situation in my opinion. Universals and extensions absorb torque and can just be cumbersome. Also, they are pretty pricey, you mayl have to go to Snap-On for them.

How far are you out on the Island? I am about 1 hour from the GWB. Maybe we can make a plan.

HTH,
LarryB

How far are you out on the Island? I am about 1 hour from the GWB. Maybe we can make a plan.

I'm about an hour away as long as the Cross Bronx isn't backed up... what do you think, install party???

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

FYI-Soaked with 3/4 can of PB Blaster for two days off & on. On jackstands, w/breaker bar, w/torch, w/6pt socket and the SOB's won't move. At least I installed a new chin spoiler. 2 hrs on my time + lost income from time off + sore right arm on a non-weakling = have Acura do it. I checked w/them again and the $288 they quoted was based on the estimated time @ 3 hrs & parts. Larry, hopfully your right w/your estimate of an hour for them to install. Thanks all !!

Signed the Vehicular Challenged

Russ,

We may be able to work out an install party. I will contact Miled to see if he got his. Keep in touch.

LarryB

I just got my Tubi in San Jose, but I don't have it installed yet (busy) and I wasn't planning on going to Thunderhill due to time and money constraints (just spent it all on the damn exhaust).

So for people in the Bay Area, I may be able give you a demo in the next few weeks.

Just wanted to make something obvious - there is a warning (FWIW) in the shop manual about using air tools on the bolts without first removing the O2 sensors; that's why I did mine by hand.

Also, not sure why everyone else seems to be having such a hard time; my car had 112,000 on it, and this was the original exhaust and cats, and it still came off pretty easy (although in the beginning I was doubting my ability to get any of them loose, once I got one, I knew that they all had to come).

Originally posted by speedlizzard:
I just got my Tubi in San Jose, but I don't have it installed yet (busy) and I wasn't planning on going to Thunderhill due to time and money constraints (just spent it all on the damn exhaust).

So for people in the Bay Area, I may be able give you a demo in the next few weeks.

You can still show up at Thunderhill and give us a demo at no cost ........ we don't charge for visitors ..........
wink.gif

burbel,

I agree completely. You do really have to "eyeball" these to get them to break loose. Once you get the first one, you realize you may need a little body weight behind the breaker bar to get them to crack free.

Again, I think the studs are of ample diameter, compared to other exhaust system out there, so the probability of actually breaking a stud in minimized, not that it can't happen.

I first realized this on my Honda Accord cats. Even after 200K of beat on miles and three exhaust system replacements, I was using the same original studs on the cats.

LarryB

I did not do a pre dyno, but afterwards I got 249 at the wheels with a '95 3.0l, which is on the high side for OEM.

Back