Transport needed for nsx purchase,...

I have just had the pleasure of purchasing my first nsx and after approx. 1 year of searching feel I have made the right choice, on the right vehicle,and at the right price,....I am needless to say extremely happy. I look forward to being a member of the nsx community. I am in need of transport for my purchase from Houston, Texas to the San Francisco Bay Area. Do any of you have any recommendations on a transport company that is reasonable yet dependable? Would appreciate any assistance,... Pics to follow,...It's kick ass for the price and I bought it from someone who appreciated and cared for it in the manner any nsx deserves,....Thanx in advance,...Steve,...

Drive it! :biggrin:
Distance: 1927.9 miles Approximate Travel Time: 29 hours 39 mins

I have used Intercity Lines with excellent results.
vette_on_ramp.jpg

I have used Horseless Carriage to ship a few Porsches and a Maserati. I think they ship for a lot of the Ferrari dealerships nationwide. 800-631-7796.

I have no financial interest or connection to them...etc.

*Anytime,....Your so very right,...if I could get the extra couple days clear of work commitments I would do it in a heart beat,...I might still make a stab at it,...Thanx for your encouragement, I'll tell the boss you said it's cool,...

* Meeyatchi,..Thanx for the offer,....Could you be here by Christmas????

* Weakestlink,....I'll give 'em a call in the morning for a quote,..Thanx,....

Meeyatch1 said:
Buy me a plane ticket...I will personally deliver it to you. :)

FWIW, I am pretty sure he was serious about that. Trust me, the man has plenty of experience with them - either in auto or stick. :smile:

102222... said:
* Meeyatchi,..Thanx for the offer,....Could you be here by Christmas????....

I think I could have it there within a few days. A plane ticket and a case of Red Bull energy drinks would get it done. :)

White94 said:
FWIW, I am pretty sure he was serious about that. Trust me, the man has plenty of experience with them - either in auto or stick. :smile:

Actually, yes...I was totally serious. Just buy me the plane ticket and let me know where I am headed. :)

I've used TNT (deal with Mary Anno) with good results. Not cheap though.

I've used Passport with good success when shipping 6 or more vehicles at a time. For very personal service, enclosed, and fair value, you can't beat Gary Almond. He hauls vipers all over the country, so he is experienced in dealing with low clearance cars and anal ownerse :wink:

His number is 240-994-1343. His email is [email protected]

You won't go wrong with this guy.

Best regards,
Ben

SoCalDude said:
I've used TNT (deal with Mary Anno) with good results. Not cheap though.
I have used them also. One time they placed my car on a different carrier without my knowing. It wasn't a problem because the carrier was using a top notch truck and had a very caring driver. Check out Blue Highways.

Dont use DAS transport. I just shipped my Talon TSI AWD to california from NJ. I brought the car to the terminal in Linden, NJ on Dec 25. and as of this morning it JUST arrived at their california terminal. I feel bad for the kid that bought it on EBAY. :frown:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Dont use DAS transport. I just shipped my Talon TSI AWD to california from NJ. I brought the car to the terminal in Linden, NJ on Dec 25. and as of this morning it JUST arrived at their california terminal. I feel bad for the kid that bought it on EBAY. :frown:

HOLY COW!! About a month to get across country!! That is unacceptable. :mad:

Here's several door to door enclosed carriers to check with that I've used with 100% satisfaction in the past:

Passport Transport
Intercity Lines
Horseless Carriage
Thomas Sunday

I had an NSX shipped from Houston to Bay Area back in November. I would stay away from the company I used, CSI Auto Transport, or sometimes just "Auto Transport". They joyrided and crashed it on the Houston side, and didn't tell me until the day the car was supposed to arrive here in the Bay Area. Then, it took them about a month and several dozen phone calls to step up to the plate and pay for the damage.

luciky, the new owner arranged the transport- i just helped him out.

my opinion: drive it your self i u could or if u have time.
not sure what does transport will do to your car. maybe do some donuts or joy ride your car inbetween the transport.
:frown:
or let meeyatch1 drive if for u. :biggrin:

I had the best results with TNT. I thought that their customer service was superior to Intercity.

I needed the car picked up during a specific timeframe. Intercity gave me the run-around, and wouldn't give me a definate pickup time -- "call back tomorrow, I think we can do it"

amgnsx said:
not sure what does transport will do to your car. maybe do some donuts or joy ride your car inbetween the transport.
:frown:

and crash it in the process. :mad:

amgnsx said:
...or let meeyatch1 drive if for u. :biggrin:

I have done that for about 4 other people I have met in exotic car circles. Seems I am the one that likes to drive....imagine that. :)

Stay away from A-1 Autotransport. They picked up the car 1 month late, and gave me different stories several times. Before I switched to another carrier, they already loaded the car while I was away. Car did arrive quickly and in good condition, although the transporter was a bit rough on low clearence. Either way, do not if you care about your car use A-1.

Thanx for all the advice guys,...I finally settled on DAS even though I did get the one negative feedback. They seemed reasonable and claimed to be able to deliver in 12 days and I made them send confirmation of that to me prior to signing contract so I'll hold my breath and see what happens,..It's enclosed and I paid extra for upper rack so I would not have another vehicle dripping oil on my paint,...I will you all posted as to the end result. Appreciate the welcome and hope to see some of you soon in the Bay Area,...

102222 said:
Thanx for all the advice guys,...I finally settled on DAS even though I did get the one negative feedback. They seemed reasonable and claimed to be able to deliver in 12 days and I made them send confirmation of that to me prior to signing contract so I'll hold my breath and see what happens,..It's enclosed and I paid extra for upper rack so I would not have another vehicle dripping oil on my paint,...I will you all posted as to the end result. Appreciate the welcome and hope to see some of you soon in the Bay Area,...

Ewwww.... I have used DAS for cars that are only in the "regular class" of automobile. In the 6 or so cars I have had shipped from Texas to California, I have had one issue with some cladding being knocked off (Typhoon), which in my opinion is very bad, statistically speaking. It took an act of God to get them to pay for the claim! Consider driving it or use only a top ranked shipping company, which DAS is not. I would rethink your shipping decision. Was it based on price, timeframe or ? If you don't mind me asking, what kind of prices did you get and what is DAS wanting?

PS, You didn't ask which company to stay away from, only which to use.

Gary Almond is the only way to go. One car at a time in a nice wide enclosed trailer. Not much more expensive either.

Attachments

• trailer and hummer 25%.JPG
    trailer and hummer 25%.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 790
Back