Traffic this Weekend at Infineon route 37

Just curious for those who have attended the IndyCar practice/races before. How bad will the traffic be using 37? I have to drive to San Rafael on Saturday morning and was thinking of detour via the Richmond bridge.

Hrant...

You can never tell. If you're going early in the morning (before 9:30AM) no problem. Later it's a crapshoot.

Thanks Harry and Ken. I am not going to Infineon just to San Rafael. I think I will use the Richmond bridge since it will be closer to 11 am when we make the crossing.

FWIW, we zipped through 37 at about 11:00 am with absolutely no issues! Just before making the decision on I-80, we saw the traffic flow and I-80 was starting to back up whereas the 37 was smooth.

Coming back, I opted to go through the Bay bridge. The traffic on going north was horrendous at Golden Gate Bridge. Getting out of SF was heavy with street traffic but once I got going smooth all the way to Sac town. But West bound was heavy too.

I was at infineon on saturday and it was not crowded at all. Blaming on the economy I guess.....

Back