Trade MY 2001 S2k for 93 or 95 MY NSX

Hey guys,

I've been seriously considering trading in my 2001 s2000 for a 95 Acura NSX. I have about 31k miles on my s2000. The car i'm looking at has roughly 73 k and is asking $35,900.

DO you think this is a wise decision?

s2kornot said:
I've been seriously considering trading in my 2001 s2000 for a 95 Acura NSX. I have about 31k miles on my s2000. The car i'm looking at has roughly 73 k and is asking $35,900.

If you don't have to put any money in, and it's a straight-up trade - hell yes! :D

Even if you have to put money in (and I know that you probably do, probably in the $10-15K range) - then sure, if an NSX is what you really want, and as long as the NSX has been well maintained, has had the timing belt replaced (now three years overdue), passes a pre-purchase inspection, etc.

If the S2K is paid for keep it and put a down payment of the NSX.

This way you'll have a hard and soft top:D

Do your due diligence on the 95 (PPI, CarFax, Etc) and if you can swing the right deal then buy it. Keep the s2k and drive them both for a while.

Sell the one you don't drive later (i.e. the s2k)

;)

s2kornot said:
Hey guys,

Yes, if you drive both and really enjoy the NSX more then you should trade only if you can reasonably afford it. I have an '02 S2000 in addition to my NSX's and I hardly drive the S2000 anymore. The NSX is just plain addictive. :)

Hey bro I'm sorry I didn't respond to the heart of your question.

This isn't really a wisdom decision it's an emotional one. People here are very passionate about this car so of course their going to tell you to go for it ,but heart of the matter is it's an older vehicle with possibly more miles that your S2K. It's insurance is higher as are it's maintanence costs , it's not as good on gas either.

Just ask yourself if your willing ( and able ) to pay the higher costs. If so then go make the purchase and if not enjoy the car as a spectator until you can comfortably afford one. Remember their will alway's be another one out there to buy.

WingZ said:
Hey bro I'm sorry I didn't respond to the heart of your question.

This isn't really a wisdom decision it's an emotional one. People here are very passionate about this car so of course their going to tell you to go for it ,but heart of the matter is it's an older vehicle with possibly more miles that your S2K. It's insurance is higher as are it's maintanence costs , it's not as good on gas either.

Just ask yourself if your willing ( and able ) to pay the higher costs. If so then go make the purchase and if not enjoy the car as a spectator until you can comfortably afford one. Remember their will alway's be another one out there to buy.

Thanks wingz for that bit of advice. Just thinking of getting into a NSX is getting me all giddy. Its gotten in the way of thinking logically behind this decision.

You are definetly right about the maintenance costs of the NSX. I think i'll hold off a bit on getting this one.

WingZ said:
It's insurance is higher as are it's maintanence costs , it's not as good on gas either.
Insurance cost for an older NSX is likely to be lower than for an S2000, not higher. Gas mileage is almost identical (19/24 mpg for the NSX, 20/25 for the S2000). The frequency of scheduled maintenance is the same as the S2000; the parts cost is significantly higher for the NSX, but the labor cost is similar.

Sure, we're passionate about the NSX, but let's keep our facts straight, too...

I checked my facts before posting.

Insurance is higher on an old NSX than an S2K.

So if parts are higher then maintanence costs is also higher. ( I never told him it needed less maintenance )

Next every magazine I've ever seen has posted avg NSX mpg 17-19 the S2K has been 23-24 so no they are not the same.

I can't believe you would post a reply like this.
He's still going to get an NSX ,when he can comfortably do so and then he can really enjoy it.

Oh well :D

Back