Traction with supercharger ?

The other day while in second gear I was accelerating hard, and lost a little bit of traction while going in straight line. The traction control light came on briefly, and the car never veered off of a straight line.

What im curious about, is if my Nsx with intake, headers, muffler at 276/205 at the wheels is losing traction in second gear, whats traction like with the comptech blower ? Does traction control do a good job of keeping the car going straight, and from getting sideways ?

I have not really had a traction problem with mine.

When I first got it, it would go sideways in the 1-2 shift. That could ahve been because the tires were getting bald and two it was making more HP. (12-10lbs of boost).

I can't see having a lot of traction issue with a CTSC in a straight line, but you can get it sideways when you want.

Ive never had any traction issues in a straight line unless im really, really getting one it. If I want to get sideways its never a problem, especially coming out of a turn.

The Kid said:
Ive never had any traction issues in a straight line unless im really, really getting one it. If I want to get sideways its never a problem, especially coming out of a turn.

damn i needa ctsc. but that brings up another issue..... sc or TT? and how the hell do you afford either? hehe.

Modernceo said:
The other day while in second gear I was accelerating hard, and lost a little bit of traction while going in straight line. The traction control light came on briefly, and the car never veered off of a straight line.

What im curious about, is if my Nsx with intake, headers, muffler at 276/205 at the wheels is losing traction in second gear, whats traction like with the comptech blower ? Does traction control do a good job of keeping the car going straight, and from getting sideways ?

If you have aftermarket rims depending on your ratio the TCS computer can be *very sensitive* to even the mildest of slips. A slight bump in the pavement or any kind of variance in the road surface can set it off. Or it could be time for new rear tires. Given a dry flat road and good tires the NSX should never lose traction going in a straight line with stock power.

Synthesis said:
damn i needa ctsc. but that brings up another issue..... sc or TT? and how the hell do you afford either? hehe.

Work very, very hard. Walk the straight path and good things will happen:wink:

Synthesis said:

Being single helps too, or in my case kissing the wifes booty.:biggrin:

NetViper said:
Being single helps too:

Yes it does. But chasing "tail" might be more expensive than being married, but then again...I wouldnt know:wink:

yeah, hard work def pays off.... that's how i got the nsx :smile: but still.... upwards of 7g's... and then all the extra stuff that comes with forced induction ugh. guess i should start savin. and i guess i should ask.... did you guys pee yourself when you first railed the gas with the sc? if so.... i might be able to conjure that kinda cash hehe.

i'd like to get to the 400whp mark like some of you.... that's insane, especially in an nsx. damn, that's gotta be a good feeling :cool: what kinda hp marks do you achieve with just the ctsc?

(i guess that isn't too bad for such a nice increase..... i'm probably going to spend 2000 on general maintenance in a lil while :frown: )

thanks for the feedback

Modernceo said:

Worn tires?

no problems here..even with a launch, the aem has traction control setup, so loss of traction isn't really an issue. But the great thing is that the launch control setup that comes with the AEM. :)

I also have the CTSC with the AEM (so no traction control, not even the AEM one).

I can't even get it to lose grip in 1st gear accelerating hard, all I can think of is maybe you hit some dirt that time in 2nd that caused it to slip?

Back