Trackmasters at The Glen - 8/30 & 31

pm sent.

Last edited:
I'll call later....

I just got back from there this past weekend with the P-car club. Wish I could join you guys but I just can't make those weekday events. Kids day was an exception.

Had a nice dry day on Sat and then we ran the wet line on Sunday. No incidents on Sunday but over 4 on Saturday in the dry, go figure.

I will be in Monticello that weekend with the NNJR P-car club though. Hear it is the last time they will let a car club run there, oh well.

Have fun.

Tytus

we had a great day on Monday...high 80's sun all day..I had to deal with lots of variation in performance of my ra1's but drove home in one piece.Bob is still up there today.I'm sure he will post some tidbits.At least for me I was only 1 second off my best times so i was satisfied.I'm amazed at the growing number of corvette zo6 owners tracking which is good...and the student population has remained stable if not slightly increasing,thats good for the future of our hobby.

Doc, is trackmasters on motorsportreg.com? I seem to have missed this... I will be there Thursday to Sunday with the Ferrrari Club of America. Had I known about this one I could have been there for Trackmasters; lounged for 2 days, then did 4 more days with FCA. I could have had 6 track days in a row!

Then you and Bob would be asking me for driving tips and my signature on your ugly NSX's.

Last edited:
Dave when you are with the F crowd there should be two large transporters together ,one says team piloti ferrari the other is a tyndol mazda livery,check these guys out they are a full track/race shop out of boston that could help setup your car.

Had I known about this one I could have been there for Trackmasters; lounged for 2 days, then did 4 more days with FCA. I could have had 6 track days in a row!

Then you and Bob would be asking me for driving tips and my signature on your ugly NSX's.

They were running just a novice school in addition to open track so although I agree you could use some more schooling (:wink:) you would not have been able to attend this trackmasters event.

But it was great weather so it would have been nice to set up and paint your portrait while I timed you with a calendar......

we had a great day on Monday...high 80's sun all day..I had to deal with lots of variation in performance of my ra1's but drove home in one piece.Bob is still up there today.I'm sure he will post some tidbits.At least for me I was only 1 second off my best times so i was satisfied.I'm amazed at the growing number of corvette zo6 owners tracking which is good...and the student population has remained stable if not slightly increasing,thats good for the future of our hobby.

Temps hit 97 yesterday so I frontloaded my track time. I did 50 laps each day for a total of 350 miles over the two days and with yesterday's weather I completed my 50th lap at 1:30 when it was a "cool" 90 degrees. Found a nail in my RA1s before going up so ran on streets but was still managing to get under 2:30 lap times.

The novice school was sold out which is always a good sign and there was an interesting/eclectic mix of student cars out there, although a little "sad" since it seems the number of NSX owners tracking there cars has dwindled to but a handful of diehards.

Just chiming in to say that when I was hanging out in the paddock at WGI, I overhear this female Elise driver bragging that she passed the NSX. She was dangerously slow and there was only 1 NSX there, so draw your own conclusions......

Just chiming in to say that when I was hanging out in the paddock at WGI, I overhear this female Elise driver bragging that she passed the NSX. She was dangerously slow and there was only 1 NSX there, so draw your own conclusions......

Bob was on street tires:tongue:

The only elise up with us wasn't driven by a woman and wasn't slow. The elise was doing lap times around 2:17 compared with DocJohn's 2:16 and my 2:26s (on streets as the good doctor noted..........).

But since you weren't with us I can only presume that you were up there with Dave at another club's event and I have no doubt that any slow driver would lap Dave, especially if he got his skirt caught in the door again.

hahahahaha..... she said that? you never told me the details... I think I was going a whole 25MPH in that monsoon and I was about to pit in....But the moral of the story is that everyone dreams about passing my NSX...

But since you weren't with us I can only presume that you were up there with Dave at another club's event and I have no doubt that any slow driver would lap Dave, especially if he got his skirt caught in the door again.

Bob it's obvious you are jealous of my hair.

It's good to know you finally stopped shaving your legs thinking it would decrease weight in the car and make you go faster.

LOL....

well... yeah.... but the good news is that I saved a bunch of it you can glue onto your head. :biggrin:

Hey Turbo stop harassing my counsel...If Bob wanted more hair on his head he would just do the gotee comb-over:eek:

hahahahaha..... she said that? you never told me the details... I think I was going a whole 25MPH in that monsoon and I was about to pit in....But the moral of the story is that everyone dreams about passing my NSX...

So are you freely admitting that you were passed by the woman in the dangerously slow Elise?

So are you freely admitting that you were passed by the woman in the dangerously slow Elise?

funny-pictures-silent-cry-for-help-cat.jpg

Well yeah... unlike you I'm used to giving women what they really want...

Hey Turbo stop harassing my counsel...If Bob wanted more hair on his head he would just do the gotee comb-over:eek:

LOL OK... I don't want to get in between two guys that complete each other..

Back