• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track events

Don't know. There's a slight discount for an early bird special of $35 off if signed up before June 20th, but the last day I think is July 4th. Most these events though fill up before they close in my experience.

What seats and wheels did you get again?

advan Rs racing and DF NSXR seats. The guy told me the wheels probably end of this month and the seat just waiting for the sos rails. regarding the tech inspection how does it work? you get it before the event or i can get it now and be good to go?

Tech inspections I don't know how far out you can get them done, but they're typically done and recommended to do before an event, that way if something doesn't pass or needs done you have time and won't be out the 400+ dollars for the event.

Hyperfest in WV? one of my customers recommended to me.. anyone been there?

An instructor (riding as a passenger) was killed there this weekend. Sounds like the way the event is run, it is one I would never want to attend. Aside from the format allowing any boy racer wannabe on the track, the demographics of the target audience seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Several reports talked about assorted dirtbags throwing full cans of beer down onto the track from a bridge during a "race".

I doubt that if this happened to be a "legit" HPDE that an instructor would have died. :frown:

I wish I noticed this thread first to warn folks just in case.

The "hyper drive" offered at Hyperfest is pretty risky. Considering it only costs $50 to enter, you get very questionable cars that are allowed (safety wise). I tried it once and literally watched the brakes on a civic fail as it smashed into the side of a 350z.

The photo of the GTO in question seems to show a worn front right tire. This supposedly was a boosted car on street tires that look thin in the middle to me. If one tire was going, chances are all 4 were.

Original.jpg

I wish I noticed this thread first to warn folks just in case.

The "hyper drive" offered at Hyperfest is pretty risky. Considering it only costs $50 to enter, you get very questionable cars that are allowed (safety wise). I tried it once and literally watched the brakes on a civic fail as it smashed into the side of a 350z.

thanks for the info now i know why it is only $50 bucks .

Back