Toyota's new flagship sports car

I got this off another car forum I frequent.

Toyota Alessandro Volta

carbon fiber chassis
3 seater
3.3L V6 hybrid 408HP
0-100km/h(0-62mph): 4.06sec
gas milage: 700km/52L
length: 4.3m
width: 2.0m or less

http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2004/geneva/preview/italdesign-toyota/index.html

Personally I think it's devastatingly good looking....much better looking than the HSC. I was never a fan of the HSC, the old NA1 look is still a classic beauty in my eyes.

And the power issue, I don't think there is a dispute there.

Your thoughts?

Attachments

• 62565.jpg
    62565.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 776
I seriously doubt those performance claims. If it were true, they would be pretty amazing.

It kinda looks like an flattened station wagon with some aerodynamics - sorry.

It looks too much like some Japanese bug monster from the old 60's sci fi movies. UGH!!!

HSC for me.

It's not a bad looking car, but I prefer the HSC. I want to see some real-world performance data, too.

Either way, I'm happy the Japanese have re-entered the performance car market. All these SUVs are getting tiresome.

What's with the windshield? Looks like it goes over the roof :eek:
They still need to add some real rear view mirrors, side marker lights and then stick the license plate right in the middle of the front opening. If you look closely, does it look real to you? Check out the front end with no seams and the wheels are real clear and the body has some wierd shadows going on.

yep, I got the answers I expected from here.

I agree with the back end needing some work, but I do say the same for the HSC. Except the front and the sides of the HSC need work imo as well. The cockpit of the HSC is nicer however. As much as I dislike the Veilside NSX, I like that more than the HSC.

And the windshield does go over the roof.

I think these are still general prototype shots and such, I don't have the exact links themselves.

ANYTIME said:
What's with the windshield? Looks like it goes over the roof :eek:

That's because it does. Click on the link and see for yourself. I would hate to have to replace that windshield.:eek:

If the numbers are right, it will be one fast greenhouse.:D

it looks like a riced up family car. :mad:

I don't want to be seen driving that thing on the road

ill take the HSC.

and my opinion is biased. I think Toyota can never make a car with a soul. This concept vehicle proves it even more. I hate Toyota products. That's why I never consider it while shopping for a vehicle.

Hybrid...

Anybody knows how the power is produced (hp from engine + hp from electrical)?

408hp for a 3.3l is very good but not that much when you think hybrid. The electrical should be quite weak also...

360hp from normal engine and 50 from electircal is my guess.

Back