Towing, tow hooks and aftermarket bumpers

Hey guys,
So last week, my tire blew and Triple A wouldn't tow my car because the driver think my car is too low. Long story short, I had to leave my car in a gas station and drive it the next morning in a nearby shop.

I don't want this to happen again, I want to make sure that I can tow my car. Does installing an aftermarket front tow hook help at all? Is it possible to install this running an aftermarket bumper like Marga Hills?

I would love to hear feed backs from anybody who has tow hooks installed with their aftermarket bumpers.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Hey Nim. Sorry to hear about your mishap. But alll's well…

As for your question, I don't think adding another bumper or tow hook (you know there's a place to put on an OEM tow hook on your OEM bumper, right?) will help. If the reason they wouldn't tow you was because you're too low, it doesn't sound like the fixes you propose would help.

J

They said this is too low? How much lower is it than stock?

DSC_0135.jpg

Thanks bro!!!
Yeah, I know about the front tow hook but I have an aftermarket bumper now. I am worried that the bumper is blocking the access of the tow hook.

My car is really not that low, I am just running H&R springs on Bilstein's top perch. There are NSXs out there that are far lowered than mine and there has to be a way to tow my car.

The front tow hook wouldn't help with the tow service. It's made for pulling a car with a strap at the race track.

Mike

Hey guys,
So last week, my tire blew and Triple A wouldn't tow my car because the driver think my car is too low. Long story short, I had to leave my car in a gas station and drive it the next morning in a nearby shop.

I don't want this to happen again, I want to make sure that I can tow my car. Does installing an aftermarket front tow hook help at all? Is it possible to install this running an aftermarket bumper like Marga Hills?

I would love to hear feed backs from anybody who has tow hooks installed with their aftermarket bumpers.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

What caused the flat?

Back