Totaled NSX- JH4NA1153NT001165

It was not a real Imola. It was an honorary Imola.

I look forward to that! You are too cool of a guy not to be part of our community. Best of luck with your next car and have a happy holiday.

+1 on that.

I look forward to that! You are too cool of a guy not to be part of our community. Best of luck with your next car and have a happy holiday.

Thanks , I really appreciate all the help and I hope you have a great holiday too Dan . The NSX community is one that is pure and I'm thankful to even be a part of it.
On another note, my car is on pre-bid for 2900 if anyone wants to bid on it .
https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehic...&itemID=15829705&RowNumber=2&loadRecent=True#

What's a rough estimate of how much can be made parting out all the big items?
engine $5,000?
transmission $2,000?
interior $2,000?

Im really just throwing out numbers. A guy like Shawn should be able to tell us if $14k is a good deal for that salvage yard or not. I would think breaking even would be pretty easy but how much meat is left on the bone to make money on these wrecked cars?

What's a rough estimate of how much can be made parting out all the big items?
engine $5,000?
transmission $2,000?
interior $2,000?

Im really just throwing out numbers. A guy like Shawn should be able to tell us if $14k is a good deal for that salvage yard or not. I would think breaking even would be pretty easy but how much meat is left on the bone to make money on these wrecked cars?

It depends on what your intent, profit expectations and cycle needs are.

The profit margin also can be quite different if you are "under the radar" or not.

A business that is registered, licensed and complies with all the industry, zoning, consumer and tax related laws in the state and/or municipality in which they operate (above the radar) has a different measure of overhead, mode and method of operation than one who does not.

Many people on this site have dabbled in this.

It depends on what your intent, profit expectations and cycle needs are.

The profit margin also can be quite different if you are "under the radar" or not.

A business that is registered, licensed and complies with all the industry, zoning, consumer and tax related laws in the state and/or municipality in which they operate (above the radar) has a different measure of overhead, mode and method of operation than one who does not.

Many people on this site have dabbled in this.

I understand there's a million variables for a business. But I just wanted to know, in the simplest sense possible. The yard paid $14k, how much would the main parts roughly go for and how much can they get before spending another 10 years selling every remaining bolt and screw. Was it a good deal or not?

I understand there's a million variables for a business. But I just wanted to know, in the simplest sense possible. The yard paid $14k, how much would the main parts roughly go for and how much can they get before spending another 10 years selling every remaining bolt and screw. Was it a good deal or not?

I think the answer is obviously for this buyer it was.
If you want to know what the main parts of a parted out NSX go for use the search feature and you can get a feel for how the variables of age, wear, condition impact the selling price. It can be significant from one to the next.

$14k? WTH, i really did get a steal on my copart winter special afterall.

$14k? WTH, i really did get a steal on my copart winter special afterall.

Good for you! You're a savvy buyer!

IMO I see these salvage cars bringing way too much money. There is large demand for these cars rebuilt for the entry level buyer who IMO is interested in price point and sizzle and have only a vague sense about what they are buying. It is MO that in time, that the dissection and bastardization of the small pool of these cars (approx 18k world wide) will significantly raise the value of the survivors and properly restored NSX's.

DISCLAIMER
This is my opinion and not a appraisal of any particular person's car whether is is rebuilt, original or otherwise, nor is it a statement about any person's or company's rebuild efforts.

It is based on what I have observed over the many years in the car business of other small number, desirable vehicles as they age, the numbers dwindle, and the vehicle's buying market demographic evolves.

Hey Joe...would the bee be considered "molested"....:tongue:

marry me.......please....:biggrin:

What an honest, emotional post! Charlotte and I feel your pain but take comfort in knowing you will be back. That's another thing about NSX owners, they always come back. Those who had accidents come back, those that have gone through personal issues have come back, those did that really stupid things like buying anything from Europe come back. Your NSX did her job and protected you in an accident so you too can come back.

Buying back would be around 8 so there's no point IMO. But I'd really like to get into another NSX, it's not a normal car and it definetley doesn't come with normal friends. I really appreciate that Prime provides such great knowledge and services to me and everyone at XPO was willing to help as much as they can. Right now I just miss sitting in front of my house and just staring at the wonderful car I had. "October" was my prized possession and brought be much joy along with all of you guys. I never have seen more than one NSX in a car meet and it only happened 2 times in my life before buying one . Rolling into NSXPO was like mental heaven , I felt at home and at peace and my bond with my car reached limits like never before. It was a great vacation despite the accident . I can't even continue talking because I don't know what I can say that will make everyone understand the feeling but I don't have to because being owners , I know you know the joy. For now I will still have a hole in my heart and everyday I look at every picture I had of my car . But me and NSX will reunite. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone and thank you everyone for everything .

- - - Updated - - -

Oh by the way, you actually paid to have your car painted Imola Orange? I always thought people got Imola cars because they had no other choice. Painting an NSX in a color named for an Italian racetrack makes God angry. :)

Back