Totaled NSX- JH4NA1153NT001165

Hey guys I just want to make sure you guys stay clear of the car and to know that it was totaled. I know everyone wanted to know what happened but it took a while to find this out. Not only this but a tree fell on the car a while ago.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/148459-92nsx-clean-title-for-16995-JH4NA1153NT001165
The title stays clean since it is over 10 years old so I don't want anyone to be fooled with a "clean title". An Imola will be hitting the market soon.

What happened to the car since xpo?

street racing? That's my guess. A lot of that going on in Long Island...

Not sure youre source of info on that but not as much as youre eluding to...

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn't street racing. He can chime in on details if he wants. But it was just a bad situation in rain.

Definitely no street racing and the closest NSX was not even running and 1/2 mile away at best so no assumptions need to be made regarding his activity. As Brian said, It was a bad situation in the rain.

Oh man that sucks after all that work put into it by shawn. Hopefully you can pick up or have Shawn build you another.

so completely safe driving i bad rain situation? did the tires have good tread left?

so very VERY sad to hear this.

Last edited:
yeah I was in Coasta Rica when I got an email, didn't receive voice mail till after I came back. it made me sad.

and hopefully I can build him another one

Not sure youre source of info on that but not as much as youre eluding to...

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely no street racing and the closest NSX was not even running and 1/2 mile away at best so no assumptions need to be made regarding his activity. As Brian said, It was a bad situation in the rain.

it was just a guess. Didn't mean anything by it.

As far as street racing...I just asked my buddy that lives up that way and he told me "yeah still happens, Too cold now though. Will start in spring ...Edison avenue in farmingdale and also on belt parkway (they close down and block the belt)"

Last edited:
It was a bad incident that occurred during a rainy night, that's it. The NSX isn't a street racing car(and will never be) it's just a cruising/looks car. Might just get an 02+ now. Will keep you guys updated as always.

Hi there.. We only met briefly when I was helping with the paperwork after the post-banquet auction, but I just wanted to say how sorry I was that happened to your beautiful car. You have enormous enthusiasm for the NSX and it showed even in our brief interaction. I'm sure you'll be back in another NSX when you find the right one. Take care!

Buying back would be around 8 so there's no point IMO. But I'd really like to get into another NSX, it's not a normal car and it definetley doesn't come with normal friends. I really appreciate that Prime provides such great knowledge and services to me and everyone at XPO was willing to help as much as they can. Right now I just miss sitting in front of my house and just staring at the wonderful car I had. "October" was my prized possession and brought be much joy along with all of you guys. I never have seen more than one NSX in a car meet and it only happened 2 times in my life before buying one . Rolling into NSXPO was like mental heaven , I felt at home and at peace and my bond with my car reached limits like never before. It was a great vacation despite the accident . I can't even continue talking because I don't know what I can say that will make everyone understand the feeling but I don't have to because being owners , I know you know the joy. For now I will still have a hole in my heart and everyday I look at every picture I had of my car . But me and NSX will reunite. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone and thank you everyone for everything .

If the motor and tranny are still salvageable wouldn't it be worth buying it back? That's why I asked for pics of the damage. At $8k it's gotta be at least worth it for parts alone even if its not rebuildable.

IMO it is possible something was amiss with the suspension and or the suspension geometry which could have contributed to the incident.

Last edited:
well when I finished the build for him I drove it like a bat outta hell up to NY and it drove like an NSX perfectly. was aligned at Cars & Concepts here in tampa.

well when I finished the build for him I drove it like a bat outta hell up to NY and it drove like an NSX perfectly. was aligned at Cars & Concepts here in tampa.

If they gave you a print out I'd be interested to see it. He had someone else work on the car, after you and just before NSXPO so don't get nervous on me.
PM the sheet if you have one. TIA.:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Buying back would be around 8 so there's no point IMO. But I'd really like to get into another NSX, it's not a normal car and it definetley doesn't come with normal friends. I really appreciate that Prime provides such great knowledge and services to me and everyone at XPO was willing to help as much as they can. Right now I just miss sitting in front of my house and just staring at the wonderful car I had. "October" was my prized possession and brought be much joy along with all of you guys. I never have seen more than one NSX in a car meet and it only happened 2 times in my life before buying one . Rolling into NSXPO was like mental heaven , I felt at home and at peace and my bond with my car reached limits like never before. It was a great vacation despite the accident . I can't even continue talking because I don't know what I can say that will make everyone understand the feeling but I don't have to because being owners , I know you know the joy. For now I will still have a hole in my heart and everyday I look at every picture I had of my car . But me and NSX will reunite. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone and thank you everyone for everything .

What a great post.

Back