Totaled 2004 - JH4NA21644T000023

Hey there. Glad to see that you walked away unscathed. I'm curious, though....what amount is the insurance company offering you? If you'd rather not say, I understand.

Also, do you have a buyback value from them? If not, ask them for one. I'm very curious to see how the ins. company is going to handle this.

Hey there. Glad to see that you walked away unscathed. I'm curious, though....what amount is the insurance company offering you? If you'd rather not say, I understand.

Also, do you have a buyback value from them? If not, ask them for one. I'm very curious to see how the ins. company is going to handle this.

I don't have any solid numbers from the ins company yet, once everything is all worked out I'll probably post how it went, and where the car ends up for everyone wanting to salvage parts off of it.

I am truly very sorry to hear about your accident and your loss.

Think you had very bad luck hitting him on the axle. But I must also admit that for solid hit at 40mph your car looks remarkable ok. How heavy is such a Mitsu ??
Truly sorry to hear that the frame has been damaged that much that it is beyond repair.

I had a similar accident with my NSX but then the other way around. Got hit by a car running a red light which hit my right front wheel. Luckily, it only cost me a fender and a suspension arm because the driver hit me at low speed.

If you get the damage fully paid, is then the car still yours?? It looks like there are a awful lot of parts still usable.

I am curious what the idiot in the Mitsubishi said after the accident. If someone ran a light like that and caused me to total my baby, I would be a couple of hairs away from killing them unless they had a really good story to explain themselves.

If you get the damage fully paid, is then the car still yours?? It looks like there are a awful lot of parts still usable.

The car will be moved somewhere today, not sure where but I'll get a location from the ins company and see if they will salavge works.

Seondly, yes there are tons of parts available on the car, all the front suspension is gone though, you can't tell it's bent by looking at it, but based on the amount of shifting bolts went through it's almost certain. But pretty much everything from the front glass back is still usable. Minus the dash, airbags, and seatbelts.

I am curious what the idiot in the Mitsubishi said after the accident. If someone ran a light like that and caused me to total my baby, I would be a couple of hairs away from killing them unless they had a really good story to explain themselves.

That's odd now that you mention it, he didn't get out of his car and say anything until the cops and tow truck arrived. Then he never actually came over to me until he gave me his insurance card. I don't think there was ever an apology. The only thing I really remember him saying was 'nice watch' when he asked me for the time.

Kind of strange now that I think about it.

However the cop just kept saying "man is his insurance company going to hate you" after he would ask me some statistical question about the NSX.

However the cop just kept saying "man is his insurance company going to hate you" after he would ask me some statistical question about the NSX.

Stupida$$ cop. Now why would his insurance company hate you? You drive a car that you like and can afford. His insurance company will hate him, and they'll get even with him by dropping him or jacking his rates sky high. But then again, it was his fault and he deserves to pay for the damage he caused by trying to turn in front of you.

I don't have any solid numbers from the ins company yet, once everything is all worked out I'll probably post how it went, and where the car ends up for everyone wanting to salvage parts off of it.

Well good luck. I'm hoping that they aren't going to lowball you. But be prepared because more often than not, they will. :rolleyes:

You may be in for a fight with them. I'd start gathering some data now (autotrader listings, ebay historical sales data, letter of value from acura dealership) so you have a headstart when they come to you with a b.s. number. Whatever you do, do NOT back down from them. They WILL give you what the car's worth.

If they don't, you could all of the sudden have a recurring case of whiplash or something. :biggrin:

On a serious note, though. Go get checked out by your doctor. Even though you might think you're not hurt, you may be. You dont' want some random spine condition popping up 20 years down the road. Their insurance company will pick up the bill, btw so it's worth a look.

Good luck, if you need any info on battling with Insurance companies feel free to PM me. I found out how the industry operates the hard way.

JBLACK,
I'm sorry about the lost, I can totally relate, this just happened to me about a month ago. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85927
Just be thankful that you were okay, as I was. I am also now search for another bl/bl nsx and not much is out there. Hopefully the settlement will go fine, also as someone said look to buy the car back. Pm me if you need help.

Paul

Sorry to hear about your loss....it was a beautiful car...glad you are ok and hope to see you back soon with another one.

Back