Top Gear USA?

Will Top Gear USA be any good?

• Yes...American hosts will make it better

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • No...without Clarkson, Hammond, and May, how good could it be?

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • Maybe...at least the Stig is setting lap times

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Don't care...who needs a show about cars when we've got Prime?

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
martin said:
Hi

The orginal cast "americanized" the shows that where aired in the US. I read that on finalgear I think.

They changed some words too. From gasoline to fuel or the other way around. They also reshot some scenes and cut others where Jeremy was "americabashing". He does not like american cars (but he owns a Ford GT).

I agree with most of you here that they will struggle to cast hosts as good as the BBC version. I am afraid it will be like the american version of Scrapheap challenge..with a lot's of "high fives" and yihaas :)

Regards

He was actually given a full refund from Ford for his Gt:biggrin:

I honestly think that if a Top Gear USA was started that it would flop. IMO the reason why we enjoy (well at least for me) Top Gear UK is because of the witty english banter that goes on during the show. I mean if you were to compare american shows on Speed channel like "Car Crazy" some others, it is just stupid boring and I can't stand watching them.

NsSeX said:
He was actually given a full refund from Ford for his Gt:biggrin:

Hi

Yes, but he bought it for a second time. Hamster have made several jokes about it that he bought it again.

Regards

I don't necessarily agree with Clarkson's opinions most of the time, but he, in my opinion, is the main the reason I like the show (that and the beautiful footage of exotic cars). I especially enjoy how Clarkson shares his enthusiasm for what he likes and his witty banter with "Hamster and Slow".

TG UK is one of my favorite shows on TV...or, should I say, on my computer and PSP. :p

Randy, you disappoint me! Sticking a hot babe in the show would cheapen it...TG UK has a level of sophisticatation in its wit and presentation and doesn't need to resort to such things to make it watchable.

akira3d said:
Randy, you disappoint me! Sticking a hot babe in the show would cheapen it...TG UK has a level of sophisticatation in its wit and presentation and doesn't need to resort to such things to make it watchable.
Eric,

You missed the smilie, particularly with the reference to Conrad. :D (It's actually more of an inside joke between me an him.)

To clarify, I would still watch the show if it was interesting, sophisticated, and amusing enough. My point is that I would hope that the US version could offer that without Clarkson. I know I'm in the minority here, but that's the gist of my point. I didn't care much for Clarkson and his attitude.

On the other, I did like the other guys on the show, and when they drove the cars, I was more apt to not change the channel.

-Randy

to me... half of the shows greatness lies in the camerawork and post production. Photographing cars is not easy and almost every frame of Top Gear looks stunning.
I have a feeling the american version will fall WAY short in this category.

but, as mentioned, who cares! I'll still be watching the *real* one.

FuryNSX said:
You missed the smilie, particularly with the reference to Conrad. :D (It's actually more of an inside joke between me an him.)

Not all of us have Import Models coming onto us all the time... so keep those little jokes to yourselves... you studs you. ;) :D :D :D

It will suck. The original Top Gear has the perfect blend that is not something that can be converted. If they are going to do somethinglike this, just make a new show.

I was flipping channels and came across a familiar voice on the Game Show Network...

Watch "To Tell The Truth" on GSN if you want a laugh at Mr. Clarkson's expense.

When I realized that the host of Top Gear came from a cheesy 80's gameshow I started to realize that an American TopGear deserves an opportunity before I declare that it will suck.

We already know the show formula works. Maybe the hosts will be good.

I look forward to finding out.

Philip

Back