TOP GEAR: Ford GT40 video, mentions NSX

fangtl said:
mentions NSX
Yea, they mention that Ford wanted it to sound like an NSX :confused:. I love my NSX, but the stock NSX sound is not something I would be looking for should I have been the GT designer! Best part of video is where he opens the clam-shell to reveal the engine and says" Oh my, I think I just wet myself." Thanks for sharing. Me want one!

Thanks for sharing that link, fangtl. I have been trying to download that from O-Ace's site without any luck. Awesome vid..I like it! The GT40 has style, history, and the performance to park next to my X, anytime. :cool:

Wheelman said:
Thanks for sharing that link, fangtl. I have been trying to download that from O-Ace's site without any luck. Awesome vid..I like it! The GT40 has style, history, and the performance to park next to my X, anytime. :cool:
Sorry for the slow speeds on the standard server...we just have too many users. That poor server takes quite a beating :(

that is why i am a paying user! though i wish it was a special deal for NSXprime users :(

A guy down the street from me brought one home for the weekend, That thing is fast but it doesnt handle like the NSX.

That's the first Ford I've ever drooled over! I wish they would increase the production run though, so regular folks like me can have a shot at owning one down the road. :( Thanks for posting the video!

prova4re said:
A guy down the street from me brought one home for the weekend, That thing is fast but it doesnt handle like the NSX.

So it was a test mule? I do not think it is available yet at dealerships at least here in Southern California -best place to drive a Ford GT.

Tan

Funny thing about living in the Detroit area is, you can see the new prototype cars driving on the highways a full year before they are shown to the public.
The guy that lives down the street from me is a big wig at Ford,
and brings cars home alot. Not just Fords, he gave me a ride in the new Aston Martin that was a right hand drive. All the cars have Michigan manufacture plates on them.
I looked at the engine and every part had a number on it in neon orange. I think they must take it apart to see how it works.

Hey PHOEN$X
How are you.
I live in Windsor Canada its across the river from Detoilet. :D
I work in Detroit and drive across everyday.

I saw a few but they painted black, and driving around with bras on the front and rear. You cant tell what they really look like with all that stuff on.
They also have about 10 gauges across the top of the dash.

The commute is only 1 hour, 15 minnute drive 45 minnutes getting the rubber glove treament at the border. :eek:

On AKUDOUSAN's home page a while back (don't know if it's still up), he posted some "spy" shots, taken back in 1995 (?), of a stripped black NSX by FORD. Their purpose, if my memory serves me correctly, was to critically analyze NSX's complex aluminum structure in order to gain insight on how it's done correctly. I've always wondered how much of that knowledge acquired from their dismantaling of that black NSX did FORD applied on the GT's frame/chassis, if any?

I saw it "live" on Top Gear three weeks ago but I never found a working link to rewatch it :D ... or at least a link faster than 1 - 2kb/s. This does not work at all... anyone can help? Thanks!!!

Back