Top 10 Hottest Models (sales - April 2003)

from WSJ Personal Journal; data from Power Information Network LLC (an affiliate of JD Power)

Top 10 models that moved off dealers' lots the fastest in April (average price)

Benz SL-class ($103245)
Acura MDX ($39808)
Lexus GX470 ($49676)
Honda Pilot ($30562)
Benz G-class (78899) *
Volvo XC90 ($43751)
Lexus LX470 ($64807) *
Honda CR-V ($21375)
Honda Odyssey ($27745)
Honda Element ($20729)

worst sales...
Infiniti QX4 ($33286)

* - small sample size
Audi S6 not includeddue to very small sample size
Models on sale 4 mos or less, or out of production, not included.

Interesting... way to go Honda/Acura (half of top 10)

Top 10 of what? All cars or just imports?

Brian2by2 said:
-and is it most for sold in respect to amount made?
(another words, 500 SL-500's made, 499 sold beats 20,000 mustangs made, 8,000 sold)? because if its not, then thats bogus :)

I don't think it's based on number of sales since it's "Top 10 models that moved off dealers' lots the fastest" and mentions that some of the top 10 have small sample sizes -- something like how long a car sits on the lot before it's sold. But you're right, it would be nice to know how that's measured.

nsx1164 said:
Top 10 models that moved off dealers' lots the fastest in April (average price)
Read it again...

These are not sales VOLUMES, but more like "dealer shelf life".

MBZ SL500 and G-class don't sit on the floor for very long; evidently neither do MDX, Pilot, Ody, CR-V and Element.

Re: Re: Top 10 Hottest Models (sales - April 2003)

nsx1164 said:
Read it again...

I read it right the first time. Just wanted some additional clarification, but no big deal. I just found it a bit of a stretch that of all of the top 10 "fastest movers" none would be domestic.

KGP said:
I read it right the first time. Just wanted some additional clarification, but no big deal. I just found it a bit of a stretch that of all of the top 10 "fastest movers" none would be domestic.
I put on my glasses and read the fine print...

Note: Rankings are based on the number of days vehicles stayed in stock at 3,276 dealerships around the country, starting with the vehicle that moved the fastest. Models on sale four months or less, or no longer in production, aren't included. Audi S6 not included due to insufficient sample size.

###############

where's the NSX?
Not there... nor is any "real" sportscar there either. No surprise in these tough times, where discretionary spending is tight. :(

Reminds me of that old ad.... "horsepower gets them out of the showroom, but TORQUE is what moves them out of the street". Compared to contemporary competition, the NSX is arguably deficient on both counts :(

kld12 said:
Honda Element ($20729)?????

Wow, I am surprised to see that one on the list.

I did not think they would sell 12 of these, but I have seen bunches of them around here in the piedmont area of NC. Go figure:rolleyes:

Back