Took a Nice Drive Today.

Just finished washing the NSX off. Gettin' ready for some wine and dinner early and will chill out tonight and enjoy Team USA vs. CANADA hockey. :biggrin:

Took a really nice drive today in the NSX up through Orange and Rockland counties. Most of the roads were good, a few potholes here and there but nothing you couldn't see unless you were tailgating. Didn't spot any other interesting cars on the road today other than the real common Mustangs and Vettes. Even had the top off for a bit and it was even warm at times in the sunshine. A gas station attendant asked me why I had such a nice car out and about? And I asked him, Why Not? :biggrin:
Sorry, no pics. Forgot the camera.

WOW! It just felt great to be out there today, even though I was alone. But I do miss going on our gatherings and weekend drives together. Now, looking forward to Larry's mystery holiday dinner in 2 weeks.

Just thought I would share that with you because I know a lot of you are probably getting a bit "Antsy." :biggrin::biggrin:

Just finished washing the NSX off. Gettin' ready for some wine and dinner early and will chill out tonight and enjoy Team USA vs. CANADA hockey. :biggrin:

Took a really nice drive today in the NSX up through Orange and Rockland counties. Most of the roads were good, a few potholes here and there but nothing you couldn't see unless you were tailgating. Didn't spot any other interesting cars on the road today other than the real common Mustangs and Vettes. Even had the top off for a bit and it was even warm at times in the sunshine. A gas station attendant asked me why I had such a nice car out and about? And I asked him, Why Not? :biggrin:
Sorry, no pics. Forgot the camera.

WOW! It just felt great to be out there today, even though I was alone. But I do miss going on our gatherings and weekend drives together. Now, looking forward to Larry's mystery holiday dinner in 2 weeks.

Just thought I would share that with you because I know a lot of you are probably getting a bit "Antsy." :biggrin::biggrin:
You can at least tell us which car you took out?:wink:

You can at least tell us which car you took out?:wink:

Oh yeah, forgot, it was the NA1 and I had a 4 sale sign on it. The guy at the gas station said he wouldn't buy it because I had it out. I told him I wouldn't sell it to him anyway because he didn't know it was aluminum! :biggrin::biggrin:

Unprotected aluminum can also be damaged by the salt - it just turns to a whitish powder instead of orange rust. :eek: Hence, I'm waiting for a good rain before mine comes out of the garage again.:biggrin:

every party has a pooper..... :biggrin:

btw. Carla and I took out my car today for a nice drive up to LarryB's.

I guess if I had matching twin NSX's too, I'd also drive one in the winter. :biggrin: Hey, there's no such thing as having too many days to drive an NSX!

I did back mine out of the garage on Saturday to clean the battery terminals. Does that count? :tongue:

I idled mine for 30 min on Sunday to warm up, charge the battery and circulate the A/C oil. The sun tempted me, but the thick white layer of salt dust on the roads made me leave it in the carport. I already have enough oxidation on the aluminum to clean up... My wife said I looked "dejected" just sitting there in my NSX staring at the wall while it idled. Come on spring!

i don't think you were the only one with that idea yesterday.

i followed a lambo gallardo superleggera yesterday coming back from my girlfriend's house in basking ridge.

not that much salt on the roads yesterday. seems like most of it was cleared after the last storm.

I guess if I had matching twin NSX's too, I'd also drive one in the winter. :biggrin: Hey, there's no such thing as having too many days to drive an NSX!

I did back mine out of the garage on Saturday to clean the battery terminals. Does that count? :tongue:

It always counts when you clean the battery terminals Frank, you know that.
And we know ....... yours will fire-up with no time lost this spring. :smile:

Rich good for you, I am jealous. When I saw the title and the poster I thought to myself, he must be taking out the 96. :smile: Good to have options.

Yup. Definitely feeling Antsy! I went for a short drive myself early Sun morning. I went to Starbucks to pick up some coffee, about 2 miles round trip. Just enough to make me grin ear to ear!

Rich good for you, I am jealous. When I saw the title and the poster I thought to myself, he must be taking out the 96. :smile: Good to have options.

I'll trade that 96 and the new one for ownership of that garage of yours. You can even empty it out! :biggrin:

I too took a nice little drive today to City Island for some fried seafood with Andrea. It was soooo nice out and I couldn't resist.:smile:

IMG]
IMG_6955.jpg

FINALLY! The weather is getting warmer...looks like 50+ degrees and SUNNY this whole weekend. I may have to give it a nice bath, take the top off and take a spin through the city tomorrow.

I too took a nice little drive today to City Island for some fried seafood with Andrea. It was soooo nice out and I couldn't resist.:smile:

IMG]
IMG_6955.jpg

Now I am really jealous! :cool: The salt is one thing but the bus sized pot holes are what scare me. We got hit hard in NW NJ and I have seen some bottomless potholes. Lucky for Simon he has those dainty little 16's with all that protective rubber around them. :tongue:

LOL...Aaron...don't be hatin' on my 16"s.

Yes, Bailey, it was seafood city...got the fried clam strips...gotta have the lobster tails next time.

Last edited:
I couldn't stand it any longer!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

It hit 55 degrees this morning and even though there is still salt on some of the roads, they are dry. So, a short trip to the store was a good reason as any to take the NSX out of hibernation. I took the long way back home via a 3 mile stretch of RT 287. 8,000 rpm sure felt good again. :smile::biggrin::smile:

I put in another new battery.....yippee......I did'nt screw it up..it starts.....:redface:

LOL...Aaron...don't be hatin' on my 16"s.

Yes, Bailey, it was seafood city...got the fried clam strips...gotta have the lobster tails next time.

I'm back to 16"s as well. My new one, (which by the way, I had out today) has 16"s on the front.

Let me know when you go to Seafood City again. I love tail! :biggrin:

Back