• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tokyo Auto Salon 2009 pics

It was such a long day, I got there around 11 and stayed for almost 7 hours. :tongue:
Given I was there last year, it wasn't that big of a shock for me to see all these people. Anyhow, it was still a great experience to see all these cars. Especially I got to see the Mugen NSX RR and the Spoon NSX that's built for the US market. I spent sometime talking to Spoon's staff trying to understand the scoop of the upcoming US-spec NSX-R/GT...

Here are some pics I took:

Mugen NSX RR
DSC00549.JPG

DSC00547.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

Spoon NSX:
Some pics I took today:

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00494.JPG

The drift king:
DSC00417.JPG

DSC00300.JPG

The ultimate bling mobiles
DSC00312.JPG

Lexus LS-F racecar
DSC00343.JPG

Chrome IQ by Toyota
DSC00348.JPG

New direction for Honda....being cute w/ Hello Kitty
DSC00420.JPG

Honda S2000 Sport Modulo
DSC00443.JPG

Another S2000 in Zaku paint (Gundam)
DSC00533.JPG

Toyota 2000 GT kit car
DSC00544.JPG

More to come….for more on this and other Tokyo Auto Salon pics...visit my album
http://picasaweb.google.com/bling927

Nice! I want to go to one someday. Could I manage speaking no Japanese?

Apparently there is a ghetto in Japan:wink:

naaa they are high rollers, nipon style!

soil-and-pimp-sessions.jpg

:D
OScar

PS: Seriously now, thanks for the pics, they are great!

naaa they are high rollers, nipon style!

soil-and-pimp-sessions.jpg

:D
OScar

PS: Seriously now, thanks for the pics, they are great!

Oh My Gawd! Is that a Japanese man with an afro and a shirt saying his name is JAMAL??? Yeah and I bet Yoshi was just his slave name ..LOL

DSC00312.JPG

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

New factory option: Matching grills!!! Your new future car can be custom matched to the customers front teeth!!!!

teeth-flavor-flav-400a071807.jpg

Not available for Meth Addicts...

Mercedes3.JPG

Toyota 2000 GT kit car
DSC00544.JPG

Wow, I've always loved the 2000 GT and never knew there was a kit for it. I wonder how they've improved the chassis. Looks like a 2JZ in there. That's a lot of engine for those little 5" wide wheels.

Wow, I've always loved the 2000 GT and never knew there was a kit for it. I wonder how they've improved the chassis. Looks like a 2JZ in there. That's a lot of engine for those little 5" wide wheels.

I did more research on this since I am seriously in love with this now. This is called "Roadster AKI-Coupe", which started out as an Datsun 240Z -> 2000GT. The engine in that car is a RB26TT from an N1 R33 GT-R with 400hp :eek:. Imagine the light body of a 240Z and that brutal power...must be a beast to drive but I am worried about it's cornering ability...

If I am buying one of this, a 300 hp SR20 would prob more than fine...:rolleyes:

Link for more pics:

http://www.katch.ne.jp/~elvis/nagoya.htm

its a RB26DETT in there and there is a company remaking bodies for those cars now.

I did more research on this since I am seriously in love with this now. This is called "Roadster AKI-Coupe", which started out as an Datsun 240Z -> 2000GT. The engine in that car is a RB26TT from an N1 R33 GT-R with 400hp :eek:. Imagine the light body of a 240Z and that brutal power...must be a beast to drive but I am worried about it's cornering ability...

If I am buying one of this, a 300 hp SR20 would prob more than fine...:rolleyes:

Link for more pics:

http://www.katch.ne.jp/~elvis/nagoya.htm

chasis flex is a problem, the old DOHC 2V I6 2000CC motor sounds sooo good in the old 2000GT but the price for one of those motors is about $60,000 to start, the old S20 GT-R motors are about $45,000 but lots of tunning shops in japan offer bits and extras. If you really want something intresting check out the OS GIKEN OS24 motor for the 240Z.

Back