Title for my '91 NSX

I imported to NC, but it may be different state by state. I only needed the Canadian registration and the Canadian APB9T form, filled out as if the car was being transferred to me. Once I turned that into my DMV they mailed me a new title. You shouldn't have any issues with US buyers registering it at their local DMV. Ironically, that was the easy part for me... can't believe I just used 'easy' and 'DMV' in the same sentence :rolleyes:.

When I crossed the border I had to fill out a DOT form HS-7 and EPA form 3520-1, which were both easy to fill out because the car was a US car. There are also exemptions on both forms for the car being more than 25 years old, which are similar to the "US car" exemption in that you shouldn't have to provide any other paperwork. There is a third option where you can claim that the car is a Canadian car and you're importing it, but I believe that requires a letter from Honda stating something about safety and emissions. You should fall into the first category, however, so it should be easy. Feel free to have your eventual buyer reach out to me if they have questions, the process was kind of crazy and I'm happy to help a fellow NSX enthusiast.
I think you may have answered my question. A new title can be issued, especially if the car is imported to a different state.
thanks.

Back