Titanium Credit Card

What they say:

fannsx said:
As of 2006 the annual cardholder fee was $2,500 and it is estimated that there are fewer than 10,000 cards issued worldwide.
What they mean:

fannsx said:
We could only find fewer than 10,000 suckers stupid enough to pay $2,500 a year just for a frickin' credit card.

Re: comp'd is better... lol!

Osiris_x11 said:
AMEX's 'plastic' CENTURION card became Titanium on New Year's Day '06... namely the unofficially dubbed "BLACK CARD".

- By Inivation only.
- Under 10,000 holders of the card globally.
- $2,500 Annual Fee.
- Minimum $250,000 spending history on another line of credit through AMEX.
- Black Titanium card
- Competitors: CitiBank's ULTIMA, NatWest's Black Card, MasterCard's SIGNIA, Discover's TITANIUM, and others...
- Benefits vary.

Who knows how many there are -- probably a lot more than 10,000 but keeping it exclusive is what makes it cool. Pure genius on Amex's part, bc it guarantees big spenders use your card. At ~5% per transaction that Amex makes, plus an annual fee, those cheesy perks don't amount to much. Since Mastercard and Visa distribute cards through every business on the planet, they can't compete with a similar, even more exclusive card.

Buy a $3 black Sharpie and make your own. :biggrin:

Ski_Banker said:
Who knows how many there are -- probably a lot more than 10,000 but keeping it exclusive is what makes it cool. Pure genius on Amex's part, bc it guarantees big spenders use your card. At ~5% per transaction that Amex makes, plus an annual fee, those cheesy perks don't amount to much. Since Mastercard and Visa distribute cards through every business on the planet, they can't compete with a similar, even more exclusive card.

Buy a $3 black Sharpie and make your own. :biggrin:

If you are paying $3 for a black Sharpie, you are paying way too much! :smile:

Unless you are talking about the Platinum black Sharpie, but those are very rare and cost you every time you use them, but the ink is truly permanent!

Carguy! said:

Unless you are talking about the Platinum black Sharpie, but those are very rare and cost you every time you use them, but the ink is truly permanent!

Sharpies all colors of the spectrum come free with a black card membership.:wink: :biggrin:

Carguy! said:

Nah, I get Sharpies for free - one of the exclusive members only benefits that come with my VISA Artist & Teacher series card. Comes pre-charged with 6 months salary and is only offered to those with large and growing balances. :biggrin:

I don't mean to be rude or disrepectful. But your card seems to come with stupid features. I know of a guy who know a guy that is a cousin of the guy's wife little sister in law that recieves a sheet of happy-face sticker and a sheet of return address sticker every 6 months. I would call your customer service and raise hell:tongue:

Ski_Banker said:
Nah, I get Sharpies for free - one of the exclusive members only benefits that come with my VISA Artist & Teacher series card. Comes pre-charged with 6 months salary and is only offered to those with large and growing balances. :biggrin:

PoohBEAR said:
I don't mean to be rude or disrepectful. But your card seems to come with stupid features. I know of a guy who know a guy that is a cousin of the guy's wife little sister in law that recieves a sheet of happy-face sticker and a sheet of return address sticker every 6 months. I would call your customer service and raise hell:tongue:

Huh??

I saw one yesterday..the guy like produced American Beauty or something..nice Indian guy we drank a ton of booze with him he wouldn't let us buy a single drink :p

Not that I was complaining

Malibu: A hottie ran off with the card and . . . well, it ain't safe for family-style internet. The card was cancelled years ago (check the exp date) and the bank stopped the custom photo feature. Too bad eh!?!

Are you sure? I just used it to buy me a good Honday Hybrid:D

Soichiro said:
Malibu: A hottie ran off with the card and . . . well, it ain't safe for family-style internet. The card was cancelled years ago (check the exp date) and the bank stopped the custom photo feature. Too bad eh!?!

Back