Tired of all these perfect clean NSXs

I'm tired of seeing these perfect clean cars, in perfect California weather. Here's some pics of my car as it is today.
Warning, some of pics may contain scenes that some of you find disturbing........

First up, a wheel.

Attachments

• 111-1170_img.jpg
    111-1170_img.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2,249
Ugh, what's that on the roof? I won't show you pics of the engine, I don't think you're strong enough to see them.

So, anyone else have any dirrrty pics?

Attachments

• 111-1173_img.jpg
    111-1173_img.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,245
Courtesy of GRM Motors:

102_0267_3.jpg

I hope if I ever decide to sell mine that, those three are parked right next to mine. I should be able to get an extra $2 - 3 grand. :D

NeoNSX said:
i couldn't find the thread, but this has been posted previously... it takes first prize.
Well, if that one takes first prize, my two-tone winter beater must get second. Don't think it's had a bath yet this year ... but at -32 you can get hypothermia and at +32F there's no point 'cuz it would look like this again after a drive around the block.

Attachments

• pdr_0785-c.jpg
    pdr_0785-c.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,978
Two-tone winter beater

Actually, I forgot to make a couple of important points.

1. This is my third winter and the car has often looked like this in spite of more regular washing. There are lots of places for salty snow to collect and while I'm at work, it sits in heated parking so the snow/salt melts and creates one of the worst possible corrosive environments (although not quite as bad as living near the ocean). Anyway, the point I'd like to make is that I have yet to see any negative impact on the body or undercarriage. I think the guy in Toronto with 500km's on his '92 is another 'proof point' that the car holds up very well contrary to those who worry about those kinds of things.

2. I've come to the conclusion that by washing it more often in the winter, I probably put the finish at greater risk trying to get that road grime off of there.

3. I've also come to the conclusion that clean, shiny exotic cars probably attract more resentment and reaction from those who might damage it. Heck, who'd damage it .. it already looks like it's been vandalized! I take it everywhere .. Walmart, Home Depot, the malls, the grocery stores .. it's wonderful to not have to stress over it.

4. From day one, I have intentionally challenged the notion that the car couldn't be an all season daily driver so to some extent, the look is sort of a 'badge of honor'.. proof that I've been out there going toe-to-toe with the SUVs. We had a major storm through here about 2 weeks ago (50 car pile-up and a 20-car pileup due to ice and bad visibility) and I saw people's jaws drop when they saw the car. The snow was so deep I was levelling it and a couple of times I'd hit a drift and it would come up over the hood (because I have the center opening blocked off). Wish I'd taken some pictures!

It's one thing to make a great sports car .. it's another to make a great sports car that's also a great daily driver all year round. We are blessed .. you have no idea how good this car really is!

Wow, I'm impressed that there's this many of us running around with snowtires on there car, I thought I was the only one crazy enough. although it is quite surprising how well it actually does do go through the snow though. I've passed many suv's in the ditches and got quite a few concerned looks from others as I cruise past them.

95 t

Attachments

• snosx3.jpg
    snosx3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,247
Lance: NSX in snow with top removed :D That looks like fun!

Do you have any more pictures of your car? I don't think I've seen an NSX-T with black top (other than ones with black bodies, of course).

LOL!! I love those pics. I wish I had saved one from several years ago when I was in the much missed '92 NSX and ended up going down a road that ended up being MUD!! The entire car was brown from the window line down!! It took me several hours to clean it up, but it looked funny. :D

...here is a picture of the 'winter beater' out in the driveway one morning. You gotta keep the NSX in the garage on those cold nights. :D

(*I have another pic where I am stuck in my driveway in the snow....darn Italian cars have no snow traction. LOL!!) ;)

Attachments

• 348ts (snow in my driveway).jpg
    348ts (snow in my driveway).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,164
PHOEN$X said:
Nice pic, Meeyatch1. Did you deliberately line up the wheels, or was that pure coincidence?

That was coincidental...but it is funny that you asked, because sometimes when I take off the wheels to clean them I line them up to be like that on purpose. I am weird I guess... :)

...check out my dirty '91. :D

Attachments

• \'91 nsx (snow and sludge in driveway).jpg
    \'91 nsx (snow and sludge in driveway).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,120
Additional pictures per Ojas request

Yeah I did in Championship white with a black top to give it the JDM nsx R look. I love the kind of dingy white and figure it might be kind of cool to have a targa with a black top. It also ties nicely with the carbon hood and lip thats usually on the car. And of course saved me some time and trouble when I was painting it since the car was originally black.

Attachments

• cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,096
Re: Additional pictures per Ojas request

Lance Keeley said:
Yeah I did in Championship white with a black top to give it the JDM nsx R look. I love the kind of dingy white and figure it might be kind of cool to have a targa with a black top. It also ties nicely with the carbon hood and lip thats usually on the car. And of course saved me some time and trouble when I was painting it since the car was originally black.

Nice car!! So your '95 NSX-T was originally black?? Was it involved in an accident, or did you just decide to repaint it?? It looks great by the way. But then again, I am kind of partial to white as both my '94 NSX and my S2000 are white. Championship White was only on the Integra Type-R over here, am I correct? Either way it looks awesome!! :)

Back