• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire Rack Dissappointment

Had to weigh in here. Found this thread looking for NSX tires but I had a similar issue with Tire Rack when purchasing winter shoes for the Mrs' BMW 740. I was sold by the rep on a set of four mounted on cheap steel rims. After spending an hour changing all four summer tires over, I went to back out and the car wouldn't move. The studs locked the wheels tight to the rotors. When I called Tire Rack, they said that I had to user shorter studs and sold me a set of 20. Of course in the meantime, I had to spend another hour jacking the car and putting back the summer tires so the car could be driven. Short studs arrive days later and I spent my third hour putting the winter snows on with the Rack recommended short studs. Guess what. Still locked up tight. Fourth hour back to summer tires to move the car. Tire Rack, finally figured out that you can't use the steel wheels on a 2000 BMW. (Would I like to buy a set of replacement alloys from them they asked?). To their credit, they did send a CALL TAG for the four tires so it cost menothing, except the four hours invested in tire changeovers and the phone time. And I got to keep the 20 short studs, if you want to buy some cheap. Point is I guess, like any sales organization, you have to filter what the sales rep is telling you, although I don't know how I, or your Prelude friend, could have known that the experts sometimes guess a bit without telling you they don't HFC. (figure that one out).. Rick

Tjoines said:
I apologize I did not call from your email. When I looked into the situation further the notes showed that we had discussed the situation with the customer and come to a resolution. I agree that it seems we did not handle the conversations with you as well as we should have. When you first called in with the concern over the size tire we should have discussed the issue further. I Feel I need to add a little background on how we help customers pick the best tires for their specific situation. I would be happy to discuss this further with you or her if she still feels we are being unreasonable in asking her to take partial responsibility for the decision made on the size. Please contact me directly if I can assist

this sounds like the Tire Rack i've bought my sets of nsx, lexus and yukon tires from in years past. my confidence is now refreshed that i can continue to buy from TR the future.

Back