Tire Failure... need your opinion

Underinflation probably as everyone else says. The thing is, these RE010 tires have extremely hard sidewalls which makes it more prone to damage when it's ran with less pressure. I ran it with low pressure(~10psi when I realized and measured) due to the wheel being bent. When I took the tire off to repair the wheel, I noticed there was a gauge between the sidewall and the tire surface all around on the inside. The alignement setting on the NSX naturally puts more stress on the inside part of the rear tires which does not help either. Thank god you and your car escaped without any injury! :)

Well. The tires were purchased from Tirerack by Niello. I dealt with customer service from Tirerack and emailed a picture of the damage. The CS rep agreed with most of the posters here... that low inflation pressure caused the wheel to run on the sidewall and eventually disintegrate.

This unfortunately is not a 'warranty-able' issue and the CS rep thought that Bridgestone would not replace the tire.

They did offer a tire for a 15% discount off... which I took.

Well... thanks for all the input. Lesson? check tire pressures frequently and dont run over any nails.

And avoid Bstones - get Yokos or Toyos.

Back