Time to make a formal introduction

Good afternoon all!

I acquired my 1st NSX this past weekend. After much discussion with the seller and many days of worrying if he would sell it to someone else, I got my hands on a 1994 Red NSX manual.

As for my history with cars, I have always been a Honda enthusiast. I used to have a 1987 Honda CRX with a D16a1 engine out of a 1st gen Integra. Currently, I have my 1995 Honda accord wagon, which my dad purchased new. The wagon currently has a H22 Type S pushing 220hp to the wheel on a Dynapack dyno. I also have a 2000 Integra Type R that has a JRSC pushing 232hp to the wheel.

But with acquisition of the NSX, I had to also agree to to get rid of some of my toys to keep the wife happy. So I have to do away with my 98 supercharged m3 sedan and my 01 Ducati 900ss. But all worth it for an NSX.

She drove great from up north Washington all the way to SoCAL. I was impressed with the MPGs too, but not being beaten by a new Porsche.... Regardless a very very lucky and fortunate owner of this beauty.

I can't wait to get my hands dirty working on her. I guess once a Honda fan, always a Honda fan....

Welcome to the cult. The first rule on Prime is "pictures or it didn't happen". Also, there is wealth of information in the wiki (Red bar at the top of the page click NSX Wiki.) You'll find Repair manuals and fun facts about the car as well. Enjoy the experience and drive that car.

Congrats! Tons of NSX owners in socal. and I mean TONS. The community is great there.

Ex-ITR owner here.

I was an original owner of a USDM 01 NBP (DC2) and then sold it to get a JDM 02 CW (DC5). Miss them both but happy to have the NSX at the same time.

Very nice! I don't think I can ever do away with my Itr given how much I enjoy her on the track and autocross.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

Are you in the SoCal area? If yes, get involved with us local NSXers'. We have monthly meets, one in Costa Meas and the other in Arcadia. From now until winter we have drives, beach BBQ and other events.

Again conflagrations!

Mario

Lets try that again

https://mkcperformance.com/mkc-media/customer-cars/honda/scott-k-1991-acura-nsx/

Finally finished working on my accord yesterday, so I was able to tuck the NSX away in the garage. I also cleaned and conditioned most of the interior last night. And I did the typical upgrading of the interior lighting to LEDs, along with LED reverse lights.

Next will be cleaning up the paint, I will do this in the next week or so.

Lets try that again

https://mkcperformance.com/mkc-media/customer-cars/honda/scott-k-1991-acura-nsx/

Finally finished working on my accord yesterday, so I was able to tuck the NSX away in the garage. I also cleaned and conditioned most of the interior last night. And I did the typical upgrading of the interior lighting to LEDs, along with LED reverse lights.

That's some custom one of a kind exhaust system! I've never seen a muffler like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets try that again

That's some custom one of a kind exhaust system! I've never seen a muffler like that.

I believe the muffler is a vibrant performance exhaust, along with the piping.

- - - Updated - - -

So I had a pleasant way of finding out the car has an alarm system even though I dont have the remote for them. I locked the doors using the key, but left the window down.... dont ask why. Anyways so instead of unlocking it with the key, I just reached in and pulled the lock and bam the alarm goes off waking up my little one.... Now I have to read up about if I can get remotes for her.

On a brighter note, I had some free time last night to work on the car, so I detailed the top of the car and with the paint correction I used, she came out pretty well. It has a very nice reflection now.

I believe the muffler is a vibrant performance exhaust, along with the piping.

- - - Updated - - -

So I had a pleasant way of finding out the car has an alarm system even though I dont have the remote for them. I locked the doors using the key, but left the window down.... dont ask why. Anyways so instead of unlocking it with the key, I just reached in and pulled the lock and bam the alarm goes off waking up my little one.... Now I have to read up about if I can get remotes for her.

On a brighter note, I had some free time last night to work on the car, so I detailed the top of the car and with the paint correction I used, she came out pretty well. It has a very nice reflection now.

Lucky you left the window open. The guy I bought my car from only had it for 6 months and was so afraid of the alarm system that he never locked the car or tried to figure out how it worked.

Thats funny!

The only reason my window was down was because she was in the garage and I was detailing her.

I think I locked it from the passenger side on the way into the house and didnt realize my windown was open, well now I know I need to get some remotes. Time to do some research about the OEM alarm system.

Thats funny!

The only reason my window was down was because she was in the garage and I was detailing her.

I think I locked it from the passenger side on the way into the house and didnt realize my windown was open, well now I know I need to get some remotes. Time to do some research about the OEM alarm system.

Good Idea!

I believe you will either have to stick with what you have or go with an aftermarket system as I believe all the parts needed have been discontinued.:frown: Mine didn't come with fobs either, so I've learned to just live with locking/unlocking manually.

Congrats on your purchase. It is rather strange to me how I always loved upgrading and buying new cars. That is, until I bought an nsx. I cannot put my finger on it still after 6 years of ownership but I do not want to get rid of it. I own 4 cars currently with a three car garage with my wife. The nsx occupies the entire garage... All "newer" cars sit parked outside to bake in the warm Californian sun!
I LOVE this car. But daily driving, not so much...

Back