Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Should be the same (per year) between new ones and old ones

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Shouldn't matter -- it's a Honda so I'd buy with 100k miles anyway

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • My recently purchased, early NSX has very limited mileage and is correct

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
Info on odometer trick. Never used it on my nsx's but I came across it while doing some early GPS research back in the 90's...before it was in every watch;)

Its a pretty simple thing with little or no cutting or removing parts. Was amazed when I found this change stops the miles from clicking over. Applies to most if not all hondas.

Pm me for details. I DONT CONDONE USING THIS TECHNIQUE TO MAINTAIN MILEAGE!!!

Info on odometer trick. Never used it on my nsx's but I came across it while doing some early GPS research back in the 90's...before it was in every watch;)

Its a pretty simple thing with little or no cutting or removing parts. Was amazed when I found this change stops the miles from clicking over. Applies to most if not all hondas.

Pm me for details. I DONT CONDONE USING THIS TECHNIQUE TO MAINTAIN MILEAGE!!!

Why give out details like that at all...

Greetings

I am the second owner of my 2003. It was a 3 lease averaging about 8600/year. I drive it to work -- cycle through several cars. We average about 7K miles per vehicle each year. The NSX is on track to be driven about 7K miles this year.

I think that many of the original owners thought that the cars would be collectible. There was no history that they would run 200K miles like there is now. I have a buddy with a 99 that seldom drives his. He never drives it to work and still has 2 more years before baby goes to college -- his daughter is a cutie and she drives it around more than he does -- quite a "boy catcher".

Martin

I think that many of the original owners thought that the cars would be collectible.

Agree, and who knew it would be sold almost unchanged for another 15 yrs....

Wow, I don't know how you guys find these deals. I've NEVER seen an advertisement for an NSX or S2000 with so few miles for sale. I've heard many stories from buyers who found those deals. I guess I just have to be looking several times a day, every single day.

Really? As long as I've been on Prime I usually see at least one 91-94 NSX per year go up for sale on Ebay or Autotrader with ridiculous mileage, like less than 5,000. There were two last year or late 06 IIRC, one with 5xx miles and one with 5,xxx miles. I think they were both black--one might have been a 94 Brooklands GP.

They pop up from time to time. If a museum piece is what you're after you can find one within a year or two. Here's one from 5/07 with only 8400 miles; in 2005 this one was for sale with 3K miles. As I said, they pop up from time to time.

There are more than a few threads where I discuss my opinion that these ultra-low mileage cars usually are poor values for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that maintenance is usually neglected. The market for ultra-low mileage cars is an "emotional" one that drives prices up without logic. Be prepared to pay an exponentially high premium for that low mileage. Why a non-collector would pay the same price for a 91 with 3000 miles over a well-maintained 97 with 55,000 miles is beyond me.

The reason they're around is because many original buyers considered them to be exactly the same as Ferraris or Lambos and bought them as a pleasure car for their second homes or such. They got driven a couple times every year or less and just sat. Same reason you can find many F355s with less than 10K miles. Just because the NSX can last for 300K miles and a Ferrari can't doesn't mean they weren't purchased with the same intent. After 17 years people die, estates are liquidated, space is made and they turn up for sale.

Back