• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thumbs up to Brian K (nsxe-repair.com) for his SRS repair service

I just wanted to give a shout-out to Brian K for his continued support of the NSX community and his recent addition of his SRS control unit repair. Most of us know about the capacitor problems which have caused problems with a number of the NSX electronic components and Brian has a long history of providing fast and fair-priced repairs of the NSX amps .. and then the Climate Control units as well. Recently he started repair the SRS (airbag) controller as well and mine finally works now after over 7 years of having the red SRS dash light on for what was diagnosed by the dealer as a wiring problem but in truth was a failure of the caps in the SRS module. Due to the importance of getting it right, it's my understanding that Brian went to the effort and expense to build a test jig before he'd tackle any repairs. I haven't seen his jig but I do know that troubleshooting an SRS problem takes up many pages in the shop manual (and I've read most of them) so I can only assume this was a large investment in time. So, if your SRS control module is giving you grief, I wouldn't hesitate to send it to Brian for repair. It's almost directly under the ashtray area and not that easy to get at or out (you'll need a Torx 35 bit to get the 4 threadlocked screws out) but if you value having a working airbag on board, you'll be glad you got Brian involved.
Tks Brian!

Back