Thoughts

Actually it was the ASC (Advanced Sedan Concept) and ASCC (Advanced Sports Car Concept) that came after the HSC. Both of those were FUGLY. The HSC looked like a natural evolution of the NSX sans rear end. The HSV, although a FR setup, actually looks good IMO. The only thing in common the HSV has with the ASCC was the FR engine setup. ASCC was slated to be a V10, the HSV is a 3.4L V8.

Also, lets not forget the test mule S2000's Honda was testing at the 'ring. Did we ever find out what engines they were running in those things? were they MR? There was also that FR NSX that was being tested that we eventually found out had some sort of KERS system in it.

The HSV is the ASCC in race form. The HSV is based off of the ASCC and Honda used that technicality to have it allowed to race. Honda cheated saying the car was made but never went to production. The reason it has a V8 and not the V10 is that in that race class all those cars ( GTR's included ) use the same size V8.

LOL we need a second gen NSX class to get everyone up to speed as Prime has become the worst place to get accurate info!

The HSV is the ASCC in race form. The HSV is based off of the ASCC and Honda used that technicality to have it allowed to race. Honda cheated saying the car was made but never went to production. The reason it has a V8 and not the V10 is that in that race class all those cars ( GTR's included ) use the same size V8.

LOL we need a second gen NSX class to get everyone up to speed as Prime has become the worst place to get accurate info!

I don't see the HSV as an ASCC in race form. Even taking the wide body away from the HSV, I don't see the same body lines. Totally different car. You might need to take that class yourself. ;)

Here's the ASCC

remote_image20091205-25282-jk9z1h-0.jpg

Here's the car I believe the HSV was based on from these spy shot.
honda-nsx-001.jpg
honda-nsx-prototype-spy-img_4.jpg

And here's the HSV-010
3HondaHSV-10GTpictures.jpg

I don't see the HSV as an ASCC in race form. Even taking the wide body away from the HSV, I don't see the same body lines. Totally different car. You might need to take that class yourself. ;)

Here's the ASCC

remote_image20091205-25282-jk9z1h-0.jpg

Here's the car I believe the HSV was based on from these spy shot.
honda-nsx-001.jpg
honda-nsx-prototype-spy-img_4.jpg

And here's the HSV-010
3HondaHSV-10GTpictures.jpg

First pic is the ASCC is "concept" form the next is the ASCC in production trim. It's totally different because the first is nothing more than a basic mock up used to get the idea out there. Same car. There is no HSV and then HSV 010. The HSV is the HSV-010. School in session:wink:

First pic is the ASCC is "concept" form the next is the ASCC in production trim. It's totally different because the first is nothing more than a basic mock up used to get the idea out there. Same car. There is no HSV and then HSV 010. The HSV is the HSV-010. School in session:wink:

I know the HSV's full name is HSV-010 GT, I'm not gonna spell it out every single time, or if you want to get really technical, Honda Sports Velocity-010 GT. School's in session? good take a seat. ;)

I still say it's not the same car. Too many differences. Concept to showroom floor, there's always gonna be some changes here and there, but ASCC to that "production" trim comparisons, there's just too many differences.

Last edited:
I never noticed how some of the ASCC design cues remain in the current concept .. such as the slit-like headlights and the general form of the hood (although now lowered because MR not FR). Also in the back, the dual stacked exhaust in the corners ... and the way the taillights are canted forward.

I know the HSV's full name is HSV-010 GT, I'm not gonna spell it out every single time, or if you want to get really technical, Honda Sports Velocity-010 GT. School's in session? good take a seat. ;)

I still say it's not the same car. Too many differences. Concept to showroom floor, there's always gonna be some changes here and there, but ASCC to that "production" trim comparisons, there's just too many differences.

LOL BUT it's the same car! Honestly everyone knows this. Teachers don't sit in class students do.

All the time most guys on prime were making jokes about unicorns I was actually paying attention to all the bits of info that were being leaked about the next car after the ASCC was canceled. When random guys would come on here and say "the dealer told them rwd and turbo" I politely refuted them and said "no that's not true"

I've constantly stated the car would be V6 , shawd and hybrid as Honda has been leaving these specific bread crumbs for years. Hell as soon as the ASCC was canceled word leaked that Honda was working on a green/hybrid supercar. Engine configuration was constantly up in the air though. You guys could have learned a lot if you visited Vtec.net. Honda pays attention to them much more so than Prime as such insiders would leak more info there as people were paying attention.

Back