• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Thoughts on Cquence Brakes, www.cquence.net

I got 4 of them (slotted) to replace my Dixcel. I use them on a track only NSX running slick tires and some air ducting in the front. I use Carbotech XP10 pads. So you understand that is is a pretty agressive use :biggrin: It is my 4th track event with them on a very demanding track for brakes (for example, a stock STi or Evo will for shure crack its rotor in one day on it) and cannot see any suspect cracks on them.

That group buy thread was just people bashing them or trying to defend them. Not much actual info there.

I did some searching though and found that cquence claims their rotor blanks are from Centric, which is the parent company of PowerSlot and Stoptech. This makes me think they can't be that bad.

I'm considering one of the sets of slotted just because the rotors on my car are so old and ugly.

That group buy thread was just people bashing them or trying to defend them. Not much actual info there.

I did some searching though and found that cquence claims their rotor blanks are from Centric, which is the parent company of PowerSlot and Stoptech. This makes me think they can't be that bad.

I'm considering one of the sets of slotted just because the rotors on my car are so old and ugly.

Their prices are pretty damn cheap for 91-96 rotors. $190 for a set of front and backs is unbeatable. 97-05 however, I'd go with KVR.

They still have a group buy going and the prices are half their regular price for a full front and rear set. Definitely a great deal just question the quality but only because I have no experience with them and have never heard anything.

Back with some feedback. Since 2009, I made 12 trackdays with these rotors and the fronts finally cracked during the 13rd. This is more than 1000 miles of track use. Good result.

I run slick tires, some air ducting and Carbotech XP10/XP8 pads.

I, too, would like to know if anyone has tried these and what their thoughts are since it seems like a pretty good deal for the 91-96. Or if anyone has any other recommendations, that would be helpful as well.

I've had the slotted ones on my 91 for a bit over a year now without any problems. They still look and perform great.

I was part of that group-buy in 2007 and my disks are still looking good and performs great for $160. I also installed project mu brake pads at the same time. Never tracked mine but have done some "playtime" and they work great. Wouldn't mind buying it again.

Do these build up rust on the inside of the rotor? My car came with some drilled rotors but they rust on the inside and then splashes it all over the inner rims when I drive. Looks ugly.

I just ordered and will install them later. For the price they're not too bad, will let you guys know how they are once I have tested them.

Just ordered a set of Ultimate Cross Drilled & Slotted. I will give some feed back sometime after spring when I have the car out of storage.

if you get the nickel plated rotors they will not rust.

From their website... "Street series brake rotors includes silver Zinc plating on the rotors. This will prevent rust from building up and keeps the rotors long lasting. Cquence Street series rotors are manufactured with G3000 casting graded iron."

Back