This wait is killing me!!!!

Turbo - just keep buying go fast parts. Dont stop till it arrives. That will quench your appetite.

You should get those Mov'IT brakes; they're the best! The stock brakes are shocking strong, but hell, buy the Mov'ITs anyways!

:D

BioBanker said:
Turbo - just keep buying go fast parts. Dont stop till it arrives. That will quench your appetite.

You should get those Mov'IT brakes; they're the best! The stock brakes are shocking strong, but hell, buy the Mov'ITs anyways!

:D

I am on SOS's website again... just got a call... transport truck has a blown head gasket and a damaged head... and my NSX is sitting in the back God knows where... this is pure torture... now they are talking Monday... maybe...

Dave get the funds together and lets get some Movit's. You know you want those...

We only need one more person for the 10% discount!

TURBO2GO said:
I am on SOS's website again... just got a call... transport truck has a blown head gasket and a damaged head... and my NSX is sitting in the back God knows where... this is pure torture... now they are talking Monday... maybe...

Dave get the funds together and lets get some Movit's. You know you want those...

We only need one more person for the 10% discount!

Is it still suck in NY?!
I am sorry to hear this bro..... perhaps it's time to purchase a one way plane ticket to NY!!

minsbang said:
Is it still suck in NY?!
I am sorry to hear this bro..... perhaps it's time to purchase a one way plane ticket to NY!!

The truck blew a hose, which caused it to overheat, then it blew its head gasket, apparently they kept driving, and now it needs a whole new head.

NY is 4 hours away... I told them I would go there and drive my car back if need be but I am not paying their full $1400 transport fee.

Wow, that's terrible.

If you don't mind me asking, which transport company did you go with?

TURBO2GO said:
The truck blew a hose, which caused it to overheat, then it blew its head gasket, apparently they kept driving, and now it needs a whole new head.

NY is 4 hours away... I told them I would go there and drive my car back if need be but I am not paying their full $1400 transport fee.

I hate to say this, but i had shipped many cars over the years.

The truck "broke down" is an common excuse used when they are running behind.
The last time that excuse was given to me, i told the transport company that i would contact the driver, and go pick up the car myself. When i contacted the driver's house, his wife told me her husband (the driver) is out delivering cars , which translates to the truck is fine, and that they said that because he is behind.

You know i am not saying that in your case that is what is going on, the break down issue might be true, but in many others thats what happens.

Most of these companies dont own their own trucks, they contract these truck drivers. Thats why in many cases you put a deposit down (which is usually the company's fee) then you pay the bulk of the amoun to the truck driver, who actually owns the truck.

Having said that, and if that is what is happening in your case, you may be able to contact the company or even better the driver, and have them give you a reduced rate for you picking up the car yourself.

good luck

I know your pain, although i didn't go 2 weeks. I bought mine on March 31st of '04 and didn't take delivery until April 8th. That was the longest week ever!! I remember coming back to work the day i picked her up, it was very hard to concentrate on anything work related the rest of that day.

Oh GAWD Turbo, I feel your pain. The truck broke down TWICE?

I think its time they put their truck on a truck.

Id love to get the MovITs. They are outrageous brakes. But Ive got to take a breather. Plus, in all honesty, for the track that I spend the most time on the stock brakes have been incredibly strong. Im not sure if they've been as strong as the Big Reds, but they've been close.

So, even with the SC, Im not finding that the stock set up on an 02 is underbraked, at least at Mosport, which is a fast track with tons of cool down time between brake points.

Turbo

I just picked mine up.
Wow. I can't wipe this smile off my face

DVDoughboy said:
Turbo

I just picked mine up.

Damn you!!! :biggrin: I am hoping saturday on mine. Tell me how it is man! Let me live vicariously! How does it drive? sound? Can you come to Boston and give me a ride?

BioBanker said:
Oh GAWD Turbo, I feel your pain. The truck broke down TWICE?

I think its time they put their truck on a truck.

Id love to get the MovITs. They are outrageous brakes. But Ive got to take a breather. Plus, in all honesty, for the track that I spend the most time on the stock brakes have been incredibly strong. Im not sure if they've been as strong as the Big Reds, but they've been close.

So, even with the SC, Im not finding that the stock set up on an 02 is underbraked, at least at Mosport, which is a fast track with tons of cool down time between brake points.

Dave who cares how they perform... they look wimpy... you need BLING brotha! haha :tongue:

sjones said:
I know your pain, although i didn't go 2 weeks. I bought mine on March 31st of '04 and didn't take delivery until April 8th. That was the longest week ever!! I remember coming back to work the day i picked her up, it was very hard to concentrate on anything work related the rest of that day.

Only 8 days? I bought mine like 30 days ago... you had it good man! I have given up being excited... I've been taking those off ramps at 30 with the Element... pretending I am in Vtec... shifting.... :eek:

The car is everything I thought it would be.

I am disappointed with the dealership I bought it from. They gave me 1/4 of a tank of gas and 2 pieces inside the car are faulty. One is the cupholder and the plastic piece where the window is fell off.

Other than that, I love how low the car is when driving it.

DVDoughboy said:
Turbo

I just picked mine up.

What did ya get?

DVDoughboy said:
I bought an 02 silverstone

how much? Details please?

Did you get the exact car in your avatar? I remember seeing it on ebay...those exact pics. If so, that's one CLEAN car and great color combo. Congrats and be sure to post pics when you get it.

TURBO2GO said:
Texas to Boston. I really can't take a week off work to go drive a car. As fun as it sounds... also I did not want to risk getting stone chips on the car nor did I want to add 2500+ miles to a new car. I even wound up paying twice as much because I asked for an enclosed carrier.

The wait is just killing me. I was much calmer with any of my other cars honestly... and they were more expensive.

Its like when you are in Victoria's Secret standing by the dressing room door... waiting.... waiting... minutes are like hours... :biggrin:

I drove Texas to Cali in 22 hours straight. Doesn't take a week off ;)

Back