This wait is killing me!!!!

What does one do when he has bought an NSX and has been waiting for it to arrive in a truck for 2 weeks? I am going insane... I keep surfing this board and buying parts. So far I got a CTSC, AIS, Cantrell spoiler, SOS pedals, SOS/Zanardi shift knob, short throw shift kit, GruppeM boost guage, all new LED lights, and I don't even remember WTF else...

My car is supposed to get here wednesday. Will someone here loan me $10 by then so I can put gas in my car?

My wait is just beginning.

I know what you are going through since I am shopping for aftermarket parts too (but haven't approached your $ total).

I am going to limit myself to wheels, coilovers, exhaust, AIS, and sways. It's just picking and choosing the right ones that's making me pull my hair. I want to get it right the first time

gtr said:
Perhaps you should hove driven it home. Where is it coming from?

Texas to Boston. I really can't take a week off work to go drive a car. As fun as it sounds... also I did not want to risk getting stone chips on the car nor did I want to add 2500+ miles to a new car. I even wound up paying twice as much because I asked for an enclosed carrier.

The wait is just killing me. I was much calmer with any of my other cars honestly... and they were more expensive.

Its like when you are in Victoria's Secret standing by the dressing room door... waiting.... waiting... minutes are like hours... :biggrin:

TURBO2GO said:
What does one do when he has bought an NSX and has been waiting for it to arrive in a truck for 2 weeks? I am going insane... I keep surfing this board and buying parts. So far I got a CTSC, AIS, Cantrell spoiler, SOS pedals, SOS/Zanardi shift knob, short throw shift kit, GruppeM boost guage, all new LED lights, and I don't even remember WTF else...
I would have suggested living with your car for a few months before ordering anything for it. You might find that you have a totally different idea of what (if anything) it needs at that point, from what you are guessing at now.

TURBO2GO said:
Will someone here loan me $10 by then so I can put gas in my car?
You mean, four or five someones lending you $10 each...

nsxtasy said:
I would have suggested living with your car for a few months before ordering anything for it. You might find that you have a totally different idea of what (if anything) it needs at that point, from what you are guessing at now....

Well I may have a big ebay auction... I didn't want to miss the GP... thats why I did the CTSC.

nsxtasy said:
You mean, four or five someones lending you $10 each....

sure... the more the merrier... :biggrin:

TURBO2GO said:

My car is supposed to get here wednesday. Will someone here loan me $10 by then so I can put gas in my car?

How about I'll loan you some pills to calm you down instead:biggrin:

I have nearly an opposite problem. I have my car now. however, hate to say it BUT, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get Tom from RP motorsports to give me a FINAL OTD price on the stuff I asked him about repeatedly. I got the cash, I just wanna get my ride "pimped" properly! And soon!

TURBO2GO said:

You almost have enough parts to build a car, so give it a try and see what happens :biggrin:

I bought mine off the lot, just waiting 2 hours for them to prep it almost killed me......Steve

docmental said:
How about I'll loan you some pills to calm you down instead:biggrin:

How do you "loan" pills? thanks for the offer man, but I may not be able to return them in the same condition... :biggrin:

so what other cars do you own that are more expensive than the NSX? (I think I read Porsche in another thread)

The latest news is that the truck that has my NSX on it is broken down somewhere in NY. Unreal... :rolleyes:

Or so that's their story... there is probably some dude in Harlem right now cruising around in his new NSX.

Too bad Honda didn't make the transport truck...

STL? Where in STL is it coming from... dealer or individual? I sold mine last summer and it lives in Chicago now. I miss it quite a bit. Anyway - just curious about your new toy and its origin. Maybe I know the car.

BigBull

BigBull said:
STL? Where in STL is it coming from... dealer or individual? I sold mine last summer and it lives in Chicago now. I miss it quite a bit. Anyway - just curious about your new toy and its origin. Maybe I know the car.

BigBull

St. Louis is a layover. It started in Chicago. 2002 silverstone.

What you could do during waiting time? Some suggestions:

... study the install sheets of the sweet parts you already have bought. :)
... building her a really sweet home/garage with NSX letters on the wall or the things you like, that's a good 'time-consuming' task, painting the walls and floor... :) If you go in this way you owe me some pics! :D
... try out on another car what paint protection you will use.

goldNSX said:
What you could do during waiting time? Some suggestions:

... study the install sheets of the sweet parts you already have bought. :)
... building her a really sweet home/garage with NSX letters on the wall or the things you like, that's a good 'time-consuming' task, painting the walls and floor... :) If you go in this way you owe me some pics! :D
... try out on another car what paint protection you will use.

I have one... how about "working" so you can pay for the dam thing... :biggrin:

DVDoughboy said:
St. Louis is a layover. It started in Chicago. 2002 silverstone.

Silverstone! nice!!! :wink: whats with your username? just curious...

DVDoughboy is a name I had back in 1999 when I first joined a message board (DVDTalk.com).

I am a big DVD collector and back then one of my friends called me doughboy (like Ice Cube in Boyz In Da Hood). So I put the 2 together.

Therefore, I have been using this name for every forum I join.

By the way, I get my car tonight

God willing, I get my silverstone tonight! nice! we can celebrate the birthday together. :biggrin:

My luck though the transport truck will break down again... I swear I will just drive out there, tell him to open that dam door, throw the ramp out and drive my NSX out mission impossible style...

Back