this is one scary spider

camel spider

<a href="http://www.ecologicproductions.com/video_projects/TSCK/endangered/TSCK_spider.html"> watch spider video </a>

I can't view it:confused:

i hattttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bugs.... they scare the heck out of me..... camel spiders are up there with those potato bugs.....

I hate spiders too...so I won't be downloading that clip any time soon.

potato bugs? aren't those guys those little harmless things with the crunchy shells?

i got this via email... i think it's relevant; especially since the link seems to be down.

<I>"They run 10 mph, jump three feet, are a nocturnal spider, so only come out at night unless they are in shade. When they bite you, you are injected with Novocain so you go numb instantly. You don't even know you are bitten when you are sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it has been gnawing on it all night long.

If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing you.

PS. The one on the bottom is eating the one on the top. These are Spiders found daily in IRAQ by troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these in your tent!!!</I>

Attachments

• coast to coast am with george noory.jpg
    coast to coast am with george noory.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 402
AHHHHHH! WTF is that!!! - runs into corner and curls up into fetal position while sucking thumb and thinking happy thoughts. Mama!:eek:

NeoNSX said:
i got this via email... i think it's relevant; especially since the link seems to be down.

<I>"They run 10 mph, jump three feet, are a nocturnal spider, so only come out at night unless they are in shade. When they bite you, you are injected with Novocain so you go numb instantly. You don't even know you are bitten when you are sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it has been gnawing on it all night long.

If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing you.

PS. The one on the bottom is eating the one on the top. These are Spiders found daily in IRAQ by troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these in your tent!!!</I>

And if you forward that e-mail to 500 people Bill Gates will send you on a free vacation to Disney...

Here is the real poop http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

Last edited:
xsn's link says they have a 5" legspan max -- look at the photo and notice the open sleeve of the guy holding it. THey just look huge because they are close to the camera. Still they are uggggly.

I think that we need the services of John Rico and his Roughnecks for these critters.

Actually if you live in the desert SW these guys are related to (and look like) our native Wind Scorpions. They're ugly as hell, but harmless unless you are a fellow insect. I get them in my house every summer at night when they're out looking for prey.....thank goodness they aren't nearly as big as these critters. :eek:

Back