This is my long overdue new nsx owner thread

Well, I've been slacking off. I picked up my first NSX in the end of May, and I'm just now posting this up.
But anyway, here's some backstory.
My previous car was an Evo IX (my second evo). I loved that car, but I was getting tired of the econobox interior. Then I picked up a sport bike, which killed the Evo for me. Since I got the bike, the Evo was relegated to daily driver duty, no longer used as an indulgence. So I started looking for something else. Then I drove my friends NSX. A few months later my Evo was sold, and the NSX shopping began.
Luckily enough, I found this beautiful 92 NA1 close to where I lived (near Seattle). It was mostly stock with a few light mods:
- Cold air intake
- GTOne 5.1 exhaust
- Cantrel headers
- NSX-R gears (trans was in snap ring range, previous owner decided to upgrade)
- NSX-R final drive (4.23)
- all coolant hoses recently replaced
And not even 20k miles on it.
IMG_0453.jpgIMG_0454.jpgIMG_0455.jpgIMG_0457.jpg

There were a few things that needed attention after the purchase. The A/C needed recharging, so I had it converted to R-134A. The head unit barely put out any volume. I replaced the speaker amps with repaired amps from BrianK. The same problem remained, leading me to believe the head unit was suspect. I planned on doing a double din head unit conversion anyway, so I replaced it and added new speakers.

Shortly after I purchased the car, I was transferring to Florida from Washington state. So took the opportunity to take a road trip in this car. The best part of the trip was driving the PCH between Monterrey and Big Sur. I may have had too much fun on that road, since I had to replace the discontinued Yokohama A022's by the time I got into Arizona. Unfortunately, I didnt take any good pictures during the road trip, since I did this one solo.

Since then I have had a set of Tein RA coilovers installed, the windows tinted, NSX-R wing, and a set of CCW's on order. Gotta love having a wheel manufacturer a little over an hour away!

Last edited:
Back